Thursday, April 19, 2018

IO Challenge- All that Glitters

Greetings friends.  Today's challenge is all about glitter.  Normally when I use glitter on a card, I put an intricate die cut onto strong, sticky tape and then add white glitter on top of all the open areas.  That then allows me to color the glitter with any color of Copic marker I choose.

Today I decided to go much simpler and to use up some of all my glitter tape scraps.  To make the card, I cut out my happy birthday sentiment and stuck it onto a strip of double stick tape.  Then I covered it with dark blue glitter.  For the rest of the decoration, I added strips of tape in varying widths and covered them with an assortment of glitters.   Here is a close-up of the card to see the sparkle better:


The nice thing about the card is that it uses up scraps, it is fast to make, and you can easily adapt it for the recipient using colors that they will like.

I also wanted to talk a bit about the sentiment die I used.  It is from the Greetings Top Edgers set.  The set includes dies that say happy birthday, thinking of you, and thanks so much.  When you cut out the die, it leaves the cardstock attached at the bottom to layer onto the card.  Normally I leave the sentiment attached to the cardstock, but for this card, I chose to cut it off so that it would fit onto the tape strip.  Here is a close up of what it looks like when you die cut the sentiment:


Don't forget to visit the other designers for more glitter inspiration:

1 comment:

Helen said...

Love the clean, fresh look of your card...can't go wrong with glittering washi tape! tfs