Thursday, January 4, 2018

IO Challenge- Shiny New Year (Shiny Elements on a Card)


Greetings friends.  I want to start off by apologizing that I haven't figured out how to photograph metallics or glitter very well.  If anyone has tips, I would love to hear them!

For today's project, I wanted to show you the Gift Card Foldover die.  The nice thing about the die set is that it cuts out a mini foldover card that fits a standard gift card as well as cuts slits on the inside to hold the gift card in place.  It also comes with two sentiments so that you can decide what you want the holder to say.  In the photo above, I chose a generic gift sentiment, and in the next picture, I chose a birthday sentiment:


Here is a closeup of the inside so that you can visualize how it holds a gift card:


Here is what the die set looks like.  You can see that the foldover part is one piece, and the two sentiments are separate:


**The picture is a bit deceptive.  The sentiments look like they won't fit in the holder, but it really does!

The theme this time was shiny cards, so I used a silver metallic paper for the holder and some glitter for extra sparkle.  To make a gift card holder, I started by cutting out the silver base.  Next, I taped the sentiment I wanted in place with low tac tape and ran it though a die cut machine a second time.  I then placed some really strong double stick tape behind the sentiment (Elizabeth Crafts) and sprinkled it with glitter.  Finally, I cut an extra piece of white cardstock to go on the inside of the gift holder so that it would cover my glitter on tape.

What to see other shiny card ideas?  Don't forget to visit the other designers.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Shinny is a great way to go for winter...it brightens up the day. These gift card holders are great. Your project showcases them so well. These dies are definitely on my wish list. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.