Thursday, May 19, 2016

IO Challenge- I Love You Man


Guy cards--- they can be hard sometimes.  I know I am always looking for new ideas, so be sure to check out all the designers to see how everyone designed cards for men.

For me, I wanted to use a color that I don't normally use for guy cards.  This time I chose to add a bit of yellow.  I probably should have tried pink, since it would have been even harder to add to my guy card!

To make my card, I stamped the new Roadster Grill image (F13454) onto kraft cardstock using Deep Brown Colorbox chalk ink.  I let the ink dry and then lightly colored parts of the card with a yellow and white Prismacolor pencil.  I spent about 30 seconds total coloring bits and pieces of the image.  I figured less is more when making a card for a man.  Here is a close up of the image, coloring, and pencils I used:

For the background,I stamped the Thick and Thin Cover a Card (CC008) onto kraft cardstock with Kraft Hybrid ink from My Favorite Things.

To finish the card, I stamped the Good Times sentiment (C14540) onto kraft cardstock with the same brown ink.  I cut out the saying, added a white highlight and then popped it up with some foam tape.

Need more masculine card ideas?  Be sure to check out the other designers:

3 comments:

Vicki G said...

great card! This set is perfect for masculine cards!

Maureen Reiss said...

I love your vintage MAN card!!

Unknown said...

A great guy card, Laura! Your hints of yellow and white colouring work perfectly against the kraft card-stock.