Pages

▼

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Impression Obsession Die Hop Day 1




Welcome to the Impression Obsession Spring Die Blog Hop!

We have some beautiful projects to share AND PRIZES to give away! The hop will run for 2 days (3/24/16 – 3/25/16) with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blogs each day. Visit the fabulous Design Team Blogs on the list below (only one comment per blog per day please) for a chance to a Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!

The more blogs you visit … the better chance you will have to win!!!
Impression Obsession will be giving away a $25 Gift Certificates to two lucky winners!
Comment entries will be open until 9pm EST on Sunday March 27th and all winners will be announced Monday March 28th on the Impression Obsession Blogs. 
Good luck!





Greetings everyone!  I was definitely in a carrot kind of mood for day 1 of the hop.  I got into a die cutting groove and cut tons and tons of carrots.  I must have cut 40 carrots total even though I was only making one card. I went ahead and glued all of the tops and bottoms together so that when I want a carrot embellishment on future cards, I will have them ready to go. I have tried to get better about cutting extra of dies when I get out my machine, but 40 might have been a bit excessive.  The good news is that the carrot die (Carrot Set DIE403K) cuts 5 carrots and tops at once, so it really wasn't that much work. 

Since I planted some of the carrots in the dirt on the card, I left a few in front of the card so that you could see the entire die.  Here is a close up of the bunny (Catie O'Carrots Bunbun) and the die cut so that you can see the detail of the carrots better.  When you die cut them, it adds the little horizontal grooves to the carrot to make it look more like the real thing.


Finally, I added the Cover a Card Sky to the background with Hero Arts Soft Pool ink and added my saying (Easter Greetings) in black Versafine ink.

Be sure to check out the other designers to see what they are doing with the new dies!

Today’s Hop List:



55 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Your coloring of this sweet image is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those carrots are too fun ... and what a perfect image to join them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is adorable. Her dress is a hoot! I love how you "planted" the carrots. What a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the morning smile! This card just makes me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Laura, your card is not only a funny one; it's so stinking cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute way to use the dies! I love how the bunny is popped off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! Thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable. Those carrots are perfect for that bunny with the cute sundress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too, too cute. What and ADORABLE bunny image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my golly how cute is she! And her outfit is cuter than cute. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable Easter card love the bunny image

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card.Love the carrots and how you used them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very cute card!!! I love the carrot dies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable use of the carrots! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a very cute Easter Card,love the carrot dies

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute, cute bunny and love all those carrots !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute project. Love the new carrot die.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Squeeee!!! I love how you 'planted" the carrots behind misss Bun Bun~~~~ Totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SOOOO CUTE Laura!!! From the sky to the little carrots to the ADORABLE, SWEET BUNNY! WOW!!! BEAUTIFUL JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute image! Love her with those carrot dies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a darling Easter card! I love the planted carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your bunny is super cute. What the heck are you gonna do with 40 carrots! I agree that it's a good idea to make extras, but carrots? LOL How about a few "garden" cards since it will be planting season soon. Just an idea (which you probably already thought of I'm sure.) Thanks for sharing your creativity with us. IO is a great company and I'm so happy I found the blog hop today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card made me smile! What a cute bunny with quite the name! LOL! I love how fun those carrots are with their little grooves. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. 40 carrots, too bad you cannot eat some 😉

    ReplyDelete
  25. Perfectly fun and sweet card! I love all the carrots!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These carrots keep coming up!!! lol This is an adorable card, love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How sweet and so
    cute your card is!
    Loving the bunny.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a funny bunny.. I hope the Easter bunny comes to your house with other sweet treats

    Sharyn in New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  29. The bunny girl is very cute! And I love the row of carrots too. :) Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable Easter bunny and those carrots are perfect! Really cute!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  31. Now isn't she a cutie!!! Makes me smile....thanks for sharing!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  32. She is so adorable. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You just can't have too many carrots! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  34. How adorable! Love this cute card & the shy little miss.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the way the bunny's carrots appear to be growing out of the ground - really cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Morning lovely to meet you and this card is so cute. Just love the rabbit with all the carrots. Made me laugh today and this is just what I needed.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a fun background for this sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Cute bunny and love the carrots in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love how you use the CAC stamps for backgrounds. That card is too cute. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  40. totally fun, I love the carrots in the ground. Very creative and amazing!! :) love your card and the new IO release!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. She's just so sweet! Nice coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have to get ballerina bunny. I have just the person in mind for a card with her.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a sweet card, Laura! I love all those planted carrots just waiting to be picked!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!