Pages

▼

Friday, January 8, 2016

IO New Release Blog Hop- Day 5

Welcome to the Impression Obsession Spring Release Blog Hop- Day 5!

We have some beautiful new stamps to share AND a Gift Certificates to give away!

The hop will run for 5 days (1/4/16 - 1/8/16 with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog each day at 6am EST. Visit our fabulous IO Design Team’s blogs (only one comment per blog please) for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! The more blogs you visit … the better chance you will have to win!!! 

And we have a bonus... on the last day of the hop TWO winners will be chosen. One for Friday and one random winner from sometime during the week. So if you miss a day make sure and go back and comment!

Comment entries will be open until 9pm CT on Sunday January 10th and all winners will be announced Monday January 11th. Good luck!

All of the new stamps you'll be seeing on the hop are available NOW!


For today's card, I decided to do a brayered background.  It is one of my favorite things to do to really highlight stamps I use in landscapes.  I started with glossy paper, brayered on some blues and greens and then let the paper dry completely.  I gave it a little extra time to dry because I wanted to emboss my foreground plants with black embossing powder, and I didn't want the powder to stick to the background ink.

Items used:
Words from clear set- CL636 Everyday Words
Wispy Grass J16198

Don't forget to visit the other designers in the hop!

 

56 comments:

  1. What an amazing background! I love the colors you captured! Thank you for all the inspiration you provided with your cards during this awesome hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shading and nice image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful brayered background in gorgeous colors ,love the plant image

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty background. Really like the weedy stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this beautiful, simple but very effective card. Great job! Thanks for sharing,
    Carole Lovill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to brayer and emboss. You are right about how the background highlights the stamped image. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your color blending is so pretty! And the stamps can be used for so many occasions - very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it just really love Silhouette images!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card with gorgeous scene and sweet quote for a friend. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the products IO are great. Thanks for the nice party. Very beautiful card.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card, so nice to send someone special friend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That brush stroke font is so trendy right now and I just love it. Wonderful image too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful brayered background to show off those lovely stamps! Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your brayering is great, and I like the wispy grass.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a peaceful card ~ Love the blue!! So many different ways to use that sentiment...Happy Birthday ..., Thinking of You ..., Happy Valentines..., etc!! LOVE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the color blending

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a peaceful card using the Wispy Grass stamp...your brayering is perfect..love how you blended the colors.
    I would love to own this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The stamped image looks great against that beautiful background. Such a calm peaceful feeling to this card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that beautiful ombre background with the sentiment and subtle image.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh, what a pretty card! I've never made an ombre background, but I'd like to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very Pretty...love all the colors and how they blend...thanks for sharing!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your background is BEAUTIFUL brayered, Laura!!! ;) I ALSO LOVE the wispy grass from the stamped image! Kind of makes one WISH for a SUMMER'S EVE!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you used the wispy grass stamp and your background is BEAUTIFUL!! Very Pretty card!

    Thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very appealing card - you are certainly skilled with your brayer!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the brayered background. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your background, it makes the main image look so realistic. Fabulous card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  27. My brayer has been gathering dust. You've inspired me to dust it off. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very creative! Gorgeous card and fabulous images!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty brayered colors! The green base layer coordinates & softens it nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great background and gorgeous colors, including the green cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice application for the weedy stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great stamps! Love the subtle background details too! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great colors, great card. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors & the simplicity of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  35. "Wispy grass" is already on my wish list! What a gorgeous stamp and you've used it so beautifully!

    Roz M.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The brayered background is stunning. Love your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  37. beautiful work, great use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love this silhouette card. So elegant

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this grassy die! Your colors look so pretty on your beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!