Thursday, December 17, 2015

IO Challenge- Snowy Wishes


It might be December, but it sure doesn't feel like it here.  I can't believe it has been in the 60's and 70's.  I am happy enough picturing snowy wishes on cards rather than in person.

To make the card, I used the Winter Nightscape J7791.  The nice thing about that stamp is that you can ink it up in one color (in this case VersaFine Majestic Blue), and stamp it once.  It gives detailed trees in the front and fainter trees in the background.  Very quick and easy!


I added Christmas Wishes B14287 in the same blue ink.  For the snowflakes, I used dies from the Small Snowflake Set DIE100-F. 

The smaller snowflakes directly to the card, but for the largest snowflake, I first cut out the die:


 Then placed foam tape behind the center holes and sprinkled it with glitter:


The nice thing about doing it this way is that I could add foam tape to a detailed die and then hide that tape behind the glitter.  

Want to have more snowy inspiration?  Check out the other designers:
 

7 comments:

papercraftgoddess said...

Funny how something that can seem so small and simple can boast such a big WOW factor but the idea of using mounting tape with glitter in it blew me away!! I don't like using glue dots! You rock, sister! Card is also stunning! Just put stamp in cart :)

Susie Sonnier said...

so clever, I need to try that on my snowflakes when I pop them up.

Rachel B. said...

Beautiful card!

Pattie J. said...

love your Christmas snowy trees. not sure but was wondering if that is frozen water between the tree lines? different an pretty too.

Unknown said...

Thank you for showing how you added glitter to your snowflakes

TLady said...

SUPER IDEA for the snow flakes & how to add glitter!!! ;) Your card looks like a BLIZZARD HIT!!! LOL SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Anya said...

Beautiful card!!