Thursday, November 6, 2014

IO Challenge- Thanksgiving Wishes


Greetings everyone.  I am so excited that the challenge today is Thanksgiving cards.  I know I shouldn't be shocked, but when I was at CVS the day after Halloween, they were taking down the Halloween candy and putting out the Christmas candy.  When did we stop celebrating fall?  I love it, and want to enjoy every moment of it.

For today's card, I used some of Impression Obsession's newer images.  I stamped the French Text Pear (D9397) onto watercolor paper and then colored it with Peerless watercolors.  I then added the new Oak background (CC181 Oak).  The saying is an older one that I seem to use every year.  It just encapsulates what I want to say for Thanksgiving.  (May the Bounty D6043).

To finish the card, I used a scrap of paper that had the CC182 Vines Vertical and CC049 Screen Cover a Card backgrounds stamped onto it.  I used that paper on another card, but I had saved the decorative scrap because I knew one day I would use it.  I love it when that happens!

Need more Thanksgiving inspiration?  Check out the work by the other designers:
Anna Wight
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Karen Amidon
Laura Fulcher


 

2 comments:

Joan B said...

gorgeous!

Diane said...

Elegant and very creative...loving that pear stamp!!