Pages

▼

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Challenge

Hello my friends!  It is time for another IO challenge, and this time the theme is birthdays.  It is a great challenge idea because I think I make more birthday cards than anything else.

For my card, I wanted to use a couple of the new Zenspiration line of stamps.  I combined a border from a clear set (CL534 Border Lines) with images from a birthday set (CL533 Birthday) and then colored everything with Prismacolor pencils.  I chose colors with the recipient in mind, but you could just as easily use a different combination or even black and white if you wanted it to look more like Zentangle.  To finish the card, I added some pearls and some stickles to the frosting on the cupcake.

Need more birthday inspiration? Check out what the other designers have created:

Laura Fulcher (you are here)

Want to play along? You can find all the information here, and you could even win a $25 IO gift certificate!

4 comments:

  1. adorable!! love those zentangle stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I have to look again at the new Zenspiration line of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty colors, and usual design. modern and whimsy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!