Pages

▼

Thursday, September 5, 2013



Well, it is the last day of the die blog hop. I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of the new dies! My final card features the new Pocket Watch die set (DIE088-R) as well as the coordinating It's About Time clear set (WP493). The pocket watch set can make a traditional pocket watch as well as a watch that would go around the wrist. I chose to do something that would resemble a watch. To make the card, I fist cut out the watch from a light chipboard and the center of the watch from white cardstock. I then inked the chipboard with silver Inka-Gold to make it look metallic. (Just a sidenote here...the product is called Inka-Gold even though it comes in a bunch of colors, such as silver.) Here is a picture of the first step:


For the next step, I stamped the watch face on the white cardstock in waterproof black ink and placed it inside the faux metallic outside. I then filled the whole thing with Diamond Glaze to make it look like a real watch face. This took a long, long time to dry:


Here is a close-up of the finished embellishment:


The backgrounds of the card were stamped with the Random Lines Cover a Card (CC096), and the Swirls and Stars Cover a Card (CC054). The saying is from the same clear set as the watch face.
Want to see other samples with the new dies and have a chance to win a great prize? Here is what you need to do:

Participant Drawing Guidelines
  • Comment on each participating blog today.
  • The deadline for comments today will be 10 p.m. EST.
  • There will be a drawing on each day for 3 Dies or Die Sets of the winner's choice.
  • The winner for each day will be announced in the next day's post.
  • On Thursday, September 5, we will have our regular challenge for all of you.

Blogs to visit today:
Impression Obsession Blog
Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher (you are here)
Vicki Ga>

57 comments:

  1. I love this new die! What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute watch. Looks good enough to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card. Time is something we can't get back but we can keep it with your card, LOL.

    Thanks for sharing your talent!

    All is good with kReN @
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card...what a trendy card this would be for my granddaughter...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant & fun card ! Have a great day, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love using Inka Gold in all its beautiful colors. Your card is special and gives me ideas to use this product with my other IO dies.
    The new IO dies are wonderful and on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card looks so simple and so
    very cute. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your watch is so effective! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool new die and I love how you authenticated it with the silver. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great looking wristwatch, Laura. I love the idea, and can see it on some different color BG for a guy also. Thanks for a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card! And if you change the colors, it would be a great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a nice job with the watch die!
    A really appealing layout . . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute Laura! Your watch is fantastic~Love the Inka Silver on it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your watch! Such a creative way to celebrate a b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card, neat idea on using the clock die. Mary L Schreiber

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know when you get that first look at a card..and go..WOW! Yep that's me for this one...Great idea and looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many companies have made clock dies but a wrist-watch is just a fabulous idea! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my.....What a BRILLIANT idea making the watch like that!! That's fantastic!! Love how you strung it on the ribbon for a wristwatch, too. This card has colors that could be a guy card, but the ribbon is pretty enough for a gal card. Wonderful creation.
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! I love how that watch turned out, looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your watch turned out perfect! I love it!
    your card is darling, Laura!
    Boo-hoo - last day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card! Love the watch and watchband!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just too darn cute and I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Laura, I have enjoyed seeing all of your wonderful project this week. I especially love your clever use of the watch with the polka dot watch band.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty! Love the Pocket Watch die set!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What detail on the watch and such pretty colors...nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a great card!!! I'm so glad that IO has come out with some clock and watch dies. I've been wanting dies of this sort for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great idea for a different birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That watch looks so real! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bravo - really nice birthday card!
    The watch looks real!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  31. So very cute and looks so real! Nelda Deakins

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh yes, I have enjoyed these three days. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Is it always 10 minutes to 2? I love this idea - so many ways to use it! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That watch element is so fun!! Love the sweet little dotted band

    ReplyDelete
  35. How fun is that to make a watch! The polka dot strap is so cute. Great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. You did an amazing job on the 'watch' - it's so realistic. Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. a pocket watch die, never saw this one before. What a gorgeous and thoughtful idea. Really got my attention, want to wear it even.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my goodness, I was just saying how I wish I could find a watch with a face to a coworker yesterday. I ADORE this card and must have the stamp and die. Awesome design on the card and that watchband is fab

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great idea to use ribbon for the watch band! Such a cute card

    ReplyDelete
  40. beautiful card! the watch looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great card. Love the watch especially.

    ReplyDelete
  42. soooo sad that today is the last day. I got some wonderful ideas to use. Thanks for a chance to win some fantastic products.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, this is a first seeing a pocket watch. You did an awesome job making it look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great card! Love how you made the watch. And the background stamping is great too. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  45. What great inspiration for the Pocket Watch die set. Love this die
    Thanks for the opportunity to win

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful way to showcase this new die. Love your selection of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  47. great card, thanks for the chance to win a die set.
    tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!