Pages

▼

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

IO Die Blog Hop- Day 2


Welcome to day two of the die blog hop! For today's card I used the Cattails die set (DIE087-P). It looks like I used several different die sets, but the dragonflies and the cattails are in the same set. When I first designed the card, I cut everything out in white and then started coloring the diecut pieces with markers. I decided that I didn't like it as much as I did the version where everything was cut in dark green paper with brown marker on the cattail tips and glitter added to the dragonfly wings. To finish the card, I layered everthing onto a Distress Ink background and added the Happiest Things saying (D14072).

Want to see other samples with the new dies and have a chance to win a great prize? Here is what you need to do:
Participant Drawing Guidelines
  • Starting today through Thursday, September 5, comment on each participating blog for that day.
  • The deadline for comments for each day will be 10 p.m. EST.
  • There will be a drawing on each day for 3 Dies or Die Sets of the winner's choice.
  • The winner for each day will be announced in the next day's post.
  • On Thursday, September 5, we will have our regular challenge for all of you.

Blogs to visit today:
Impression Obsession Blog
Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher (you are here)
Vicki Garrett

54 comments:

  1. I love the colors in your card. It is perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background for the delicate die cuts. The dragonflies are especially wonderful. Have a great day, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I esp. love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background/card. How cool that the dragonflies are included in the cattails set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stunning!!! Oh my! I am going to have to go check out The CATTAILS set! I LOVE this! The dragonflies are awesome and oh so cool paired with the cattails. Your background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't sure... but after seeing your card I NEED those Cattails... I even have the perfect stamp to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so drawn to dragonflies! I will have to do some research about what that says about me or my personality. Your card is so lovely with the cattails and the dragonflies. I LOVE that these come together in a set. I am definitely putting these on my wish list!Thanks for sharing your project and for the opportunity to win!

    Come and follow me, kReN, @
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! I love the colors and the detail of the cattails. so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect card for a man...love these new dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cattails were on my "maybe" list but now they've jumped to must-haves, thanks to your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, gorgeous color. Wonderful dies. Mary L Schreiber

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had already put the cattails in my cart...they're sitting there as we speak! The dragonflies are going in the cart. I love the colors you used and those cattails make everything pop! Ty for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty and the bg you created is beautiful -perfect for the cat tails

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cattails and how they look up against your sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card with a nice background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the delicate diecuts. The background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous background; love the cattails! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty. I wish I could get my distress backgrounds to turn out as well as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifully done, Laura, perfect for this time of year, and that sentiment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this quote! Wonderful blending, and love those delicate dies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow!! lovely happy card!! with beautiful colors!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely background for the cattails and dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous background for your fabby scene Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning! Love the colors and design! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very lovely card!!! Love these new IO dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a perfect card for anyone at all - well done. The colors are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for using the cattails die set. I was curious as to the size of this die set. The dragonflies are precious. Love how you used distress ink for the background

    ReplyDelete
  28. when I saw this, I thought of the Texas heat. The happiest thing would be to have wings. Thinking of Spring, and flowers, bar-be-ques, now Autumn. All are better than the high heat. Love you card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is beautiful! That saying with those die cuts and the gorgeous b'ground make the most wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, love those dies against your beautiful DI background!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card. I really love the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card....love the cattails!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card, great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Perfect card for fall, love cattails and dragonflies, had to order that set.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Laura, this is really beautiful. The colors in the BG are beautiful, and really set off the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  36. How wonderful to have the cattail and dragon-fly dies in the same package. It seems like where you find one, you'll always find the other.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card! I love your colors! The cattails and dragonfly are fabulous dies!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is so pretty. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The georgeous warm colors you chose are perfect for this Autumn card and really set off the cattails and dragonfly die cuts. Love the design of this card and the sentiment you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great card! Love the background you created. This cattails die is wonderful. And now I 'have' to have that sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  41. OMG!! Loving this!! Such a FUN Design!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  42. a beautiful design, creative use of the dies and i love the inky background colours.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The colors are beautiful and the cattails will be a great die to have.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such beautiful fall colors!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your card is so
    lovely. Very
    pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh gosh!!! How utterly cool!!! What an amazing die and your call on the glaze was spot on! TY for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love this card - great card with a wonderful sentiment.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!