Thursday, May 10, 2012

Butterfly Whimsy

It has been rainy and dreary here, so I thought it would be a good idea to post something bright and cheerful.

I have mentioned before that I like the whimsical quality of Hannah Davies' designs.  I just love her use of peacock feathers as butterfly antennae.  How clever!  I started with the Flower and Butterfly image (H10022) and colored it with Copic markers.  I then airbrushed the sides with a bright blue Copic marker to match my background paper.  To finish the card, I added some Stickles to the wings for sparkle and stamped the Hello saying (A3579) in blue ink.
 

2 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Laura ! Such a beautiful card & image. I also love Hannah Davies designs, just picked up the awesome Peacock you posted a while back. Your coloring of this one is awesome. The glitter is a perfect finishing touch ! Have a great day, Shirley

Katie said...

Great card Laura! Saw this stamp in the store, this is one that I want to get eventually, love the view looking down at the flowers. I like the airbrushing and the stickles! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.