Thursday, December 29, 2011

Quick Impression Obsession Valentine

Hello all! I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and is ready to start thinking about Valentine's Day. I thought it might be appropriate to make a card that is really quick and easy to make. I think that after all the time people spend on Christmas cards, an easy Valentine to is a welcome thing!

I wanted to make a Valentine that would be appropriate to make for both men and women. I stamped the new Impression Obsession Rosy Ledger (H8666) onto cream cardstock using ColorBox Chalk Creamy Brown ink (my favorite). The stamp has a rose and leaves on the bottom. However, I didn't feel like coloring those elements. Instead, I overstamped that part of the image with the Vintage Rose Spray (C8652) in VersaFine Crimson Red ink. It isn't a perfect match, but I found that the brown roses and leaves worked as nice shading for the red roses/leaves. To finish the card, I stamped the Valentine Heart (D8654) onto kraft cardstock, cut it out, and popped it up onto foam tape.

I hope everyone had a happy 2011 and is ready for an even better 2012!


No comments: