Thursday, July 7, 2011

Another Color Challenge

I thought I would post the card I made for the latest summer card camp challenge. The interesting thing about this one is that I colored the chilis primarily with the peach and terracotta colors with only an accent of the red. However, they look primarily red to me. I don't know if it is because red is such a dominant color that a little goes a long way or because I added red accent pieces behind the images that may have really brought out the red color. I guess I am just interested in the whole color theory aspect of it! Also, on my monitor at home the darkest green looked really dark, on a different monitor, it looks more emerald to me. Oh well!

For the card, I used the Impression Obsession Chilis (D2213) in black Memento ink and colored them with Copic markers. I then added some paper by My Mind's Eye and the What's Cookin' saying (A5437) from Impression Obsession.

I find that I am really enjoying these color challenges!

Here is a picture of the colors we were supposed to use:




1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

like your card. good use of the colors for this weeks challenge