Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I know, I know

I have been pretty absent lately. I don't even have a card to share today. I just thought I would post a few cherry blossom pictures from last weekend with my mom. We such a wonderful time going into DC! Does anyone know why some of the blossoms are white, and some are pink? Do the pink ones become white? There were sure a lot of white blossoms around the Tidal Basin this year!


I am participating in an IO challenge tomorrow, so I promise to be back with craft related posts.



3 comments:

Karen said...

For Yoshino Cherry Trees (which is what they have around the mall) the blossoms open pink and then turn white. If you have Kanzan cherry trees (there are a few) the blossoms look like scrunched crepe paper--and they stay pink (and they typically bloom a little later than the Yoshinos)
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011_species.html

Deborah March said...

Oooohhhh I am SO jealous!!! BEAUTIFUL pics Laura!

Sonia said...

Beautiful photos, Laura! Thanks for sharing. I was wondering the same thing about the color of the blossoms - thanks to Karen for clearing that up!