Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Orchids

I changed my orchid stamp (Clear and Simple autumn sentiments set) a bit for this card. The original stamp has the stems ending at the top of the vase. I wanted to make it look like the vase had water in it, so I drew the stems longer to make them reach down farther into the vase. I used watercolor pencils to color the image and added some paper by Basic Grey (Wisteria line) to finish the card.

I also updated my Memory Box blog tonight with a card using Twinchies and Shimmer Spritz. That card can be found here.

As I drove home tonight, the neighborhood was lit up with fireflies. Nothing says summer more than fireflies. Unless of course you count the stifling heat we are having this week!


1 comment:

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is very pretty Laura, LOVE the smooth and neutral tones!