Thursday, May 20, 2010

IO Friendship Card Challenge

It is time for another Impression Obsession challenge, and this time the theme is Friendship. There was also the added stipulation to the challenge that the card actually get mailed after it was made. :)

For my card, I layered three of the latest Cover a Card stamps to create my background. Here is a breakdown of the steps:

First, I started with a pale blue notecard


Next, I added Cover a Card Distressed Denim (CC051) with Colorbox Chalk Ice Blue ink. This background is great to add subtle variations to your card.


Next, I added Cover a Card Distressed Corduroy (CC047) in Colorbox Chalk Creamy Brown ink.

To finish the background, I inked up Cover a Card Distressed Dots (CC046) with Colorbox Chalk Prussian Blue ink and stamped it onto a scrap piece of paper before stamping it onto my card (to get a lighter shade of the blue ink).


To add my flowers, I stamped the Silhouette 14 flower (E5564) onto my card with the Prussian Blue ink at full strength so that you could see it over the blue dots of the same color.


Finally, I added the friend saying (Ordinary Things D7519) with Prussian blue ink and edged it with a little more of the same ink.
Need more friendship inspiration? Check out the cards Deborah, Dina, Jeanne, Jenny, Julie, Kathy, and Rosemary created.

Want to play along with the challenge? All the information can be found here. You could win a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card! A lucky friend will be happy to get it in the mail!! Q

Julie Koerber said...

This is the coolest thing since sliced bread! I seriously thought that this was dp!!! I love how you showed the progression. I am going to have to play a bit more with these cover-a-card backgrounds!

Jenny Gropp said...

LOVE seeing the step by step -- very neat-o! Your very own custom background paper. GREAT card!

Shirley said...

What a great tutorial and wonderul artistic effect! The card is just sensational too! As always, Laura, a real keeper!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Love the BG paper! I have had good results with the Colorbox inks on those big ol' stamps too... actually I just ordered a few more. Still waiting for my new stamps to come - drooling a little...

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic layering of your background! Too cool!

Nancy S said...

I love all the layers you used for the background--thanks for letting us know how you did it.

Also love the colors and layout--this is a winner!