Monday, May 31, 2010

Couple of Challenges

I hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend. I was able to do some crafting yesterday with friends and we spent the day doing challenges for Splitcoast's Virtual Stamp Night. It is always a lot of fun. My friends and I have come a long way since our first VSN. I think for our first challenge ever, we (literally) ran around the craft room for 40 of our allotted 45 minutes of the challenge. Now we know to just pick something and go with it. Sometimes it looks good, and sometimes it doesn't. Our one main mistake for the day was adding margaritas to the crafting mix. We all wanted naps as part of our crafting day.


For this card, I combined a Splitcoast VSN challenge (use watercolor and the color brown) with the layout challenge from Clean and Simple. Here is a picture of the sketch:


The images are some of the newer Impression Obsession clear stamps and I colored in the dog with watercolor crayons and a waterbrush. Definitely easy enough to do within the 45 minute time frame!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... Cute puppy card! Well done, you! Q

Diana said...

Cute is right. This is darling Laura. Very nice.

Suzanne C said...

Love the puppy card! Margaritas and stamping. :) Sounds like smooshed inks.