Friday, February 19, 2010

Clean and Simple Sketch

I really like the Clean and Simple blog. Sometimes I get so caught up on adding extra "stuff" to my cards that I forget how beautiful clean and simple cards are. Here is the latest sketch on their blog:
For my take on the sketch, I stamped the Hero Arts Silhouette Design Block onto a white card using Gray Whale Colorbox Chalk ink. I stamped it again in black, cut out a section, and layered it onto my card. The saying is by River City Rubber Works. Easy!

10 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Laura, I love your "simple" card. I find that doing a simple card is almost beyond me most days. So seeing yours is wonderful. Take care & good luck with the challenge xoxoxoxoxo

shannon said...

I love the grey back ground flowers!! beautiful.

Domna said...

Stunning card!

Lynn said...

I'm in love with the clean & simple blog too...your card is GORGEOUS! I love the monochromatic style!

Unknown said...

love the grey and black together!

Kari said...

Gorgeous! I love how the black really pops from the gray.

Heather P. said...

This is simply gorgeous!!

Thank you so much for playing along with us this week @ Clean & Simple Stamping. :)

Vicky Hayes said...

There's so much movement in your design. I love it!

The Design Team said...

Gorgeous!!! Love how you put that subtle background in there!

Natasha said...

Wow! What a cool take on the sketch! Love the spotlight technique!