Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fun at the Store

I wanted the chance to remind anyone that shops at Angela's Happy Stamper that Mitra, the owner of Impression Obsession, will be at the store today between 6-8pm for a meet and greet, demos, and a trunk show. You won't want to miss it!

In honor of Mitra's visit, I am posting an Impression Obsession card featuring a Tami Potter clear set called "circle calendar." I love it because it makes the best spur of the moment cards that are also personalized. I like to personalize birthday cards for people whether it is by using their favorite color, flower, hobby, etc. However, sometimes I don't know the person that well and I choose to hightlight the date instead. For this card, I personalized it for someone with a September 6th birthday. The set comes with a circle stamp to use around the dates, but I decided to circle it with rhinestones instead. Here is a close up that shows the rhinestones as well as the fact that the date element is popped up off of the card with foam mount tape:

I hope you can make it in to the store today to meet Mitra!

On an unrelated note, I want to revisit the card I posted on Tuesday. As I mentioned, I thought I colored my fish so that he looked paranoid. I decided to fix the problem by adding what I call a "non-google google eye" by A Stamp in the Hand. I think the 3D sticker makes him look a bit more normal.

Here is a close up:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Your fish looks less stunned. But what fun is that?? :) Sorry I can't just pop in to meet Mitra and join in the fun! Q

Diana said...

Very cool card!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Yes the fish looks better! Doesn't look so paranoid now. Love that circle stamp!

Anne said...

Hi, Laura! I know someone with a September 6th birthday too! Small world!

I really love the fish card you made! It looks so artistic. And the colors seem to shimmer and shine just like real fish scales. It has such dimension and presence! Love it! :-)

Kelly Booth said...

WOW Laura...your fish Looks REAL...Love it!!! the calendar set looks like a Fun one too...wish i lived Close!!

Pajalu said...

I agree with Kelly your fish does indeed look so real. I would like to let you know that I have put your name down for Honest Scrap (on my blog) if you don't want to do it that's ok. Take care hugs xoxoxo

Shirley said...

I love all of your cards and I am just wondering, but when I saw your comment on the eyes!!! I am sitting here giggling and agree with you. I wouldn't have noticed it probably though if you hadn't!

Jenny Gropp said...

I agree the fish looks a little less crazy now!!!lol!! The crazy eye gave him a personality though!! I have some of those non google eyes too - so know just what you are talking about ---wonder where mine are??? lol!

Michãel said...

I kinda liked the paranoid fish, but both versions look great!