Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Airbrushed Easter Eggs

I was inspired by a couple blogs this week to try something new. First, the Hero Art's blog is having a challenge where they encourage you to stamp on something other than paper. Second, on Marianne's Copic blog, she talked about airbrushing Easter eggs. I decided to give it a try and am posting the finished result.

I originally thought it would be a good idea to blow out the eggs so that they could be used year after year. However, I realized if I waited to do that step, these eggs would never get made! I stamped the eggs using a cherry blossom border from Hero Arts and some black Memento ink. I put the clear stamp onto a clear acrylic block and then slowly rolled the egg over the stamp. One of the first things they tell you when learning to stamp is, "don't rock the stamp!" However, I soon learned that to get a good impression, I had to slowly rock the egg as I rolled it across the stamp in order to account for the curve of the egg.

I let the eggs dry and then airbrushed them with my Copic airbrush system and some Copic markers. Once the eggs were dry, I colored the flowers with the same markers I had used for the airbrushing. To finish the eggs, I added some clear rhinestones and some clear Stickles. I thought they ended up pretty cool. Inedible, but cool.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Oh my goodness! Laura, these are STUNNING! Totally amazing! Great results for sure! :-)

eileen hull said...

Laura,
Love the eggs! I think I need one of those airbrushes :-)
Eileen

Paula said...

Wow what an amazing project! I love the colours & the technique you used.

GiftsByHeidi said...

Those are so cool Laura!! Love how they turned out.

Susan said...

You GO Girl! Fantastic eggs. Love 'em.

Anonymous said...

You've outdone yourself!! Your eggs are FAB!!! Q

Diana said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Love your work!

Jennifer said...

Stunning!

Sue McGettigan said...

These are fabulous, what a fun idea!