Thursday, March 19, 2009

IO DT Challenge

For the latest Impression Obsession Design Team Challenge, the theme is "friendship." I love to use the "Like a Garden" saying because it is such a nice sentiment, and I have tons (and tons) of floral images. However, this time I decided to use it with my new rose leaf branch stamp. Solid stamps are so versatile to work with, and the rose branch looked nice as a resist with some mulberry paper and some Colorwash sprays. Want some more inspiration for friend cards? Check out what Daniela, Dina, Julie, Kelli, Tina, Michelle, and Shirley have created.

How about a blast from the past? I realized that the first card I ever posted on my blog fit this category, so I thought I would repost it. I colored the tree and border with watercolor crayons, sprtized them, and then stamped them on watercolor paper.


10 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Love both of your cards! I don't remember seeing the "oldie" so it's new to me.

krcrafts said...

Love that resist technique and you do it so well! Wonderful cards--both of them. I really like that "Like a Garden" saying, too.

Anonymous said...

When are you going to start selling cards? I always think of someone I know who would like to get a card like one of those you posted today! Both are really pretty! Q

Diana said...

Just beautiful! Are you on the IO DT?

Julie Koerber said...

Beautiful Laura! Those deep greens are just too rich looking for words!

Anne said...

Hi, Laura! Love your new resist card and your blast from the past, too! Isn't it fun to go back and see your old creations?! :-)

Shirley said...

Wow! Let me say this about those! The first one is just beautiful and such wonderful words. The second one is so lovely and such a distinctly different and elegant design. I love the edge and the tree. I have wanted that, but could never think of what to do with it. It is really stunning, Laura.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful colors and techniques.

Daniela Dobson said...

Laura, both of these are so pretty!

tina werner said...

WoW! love them both Laura! the colour wash is amazing!!! so pretty!