Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Coffee Anyone?

It is cold, cold, cold here in Virginia. As I am typing, I am listening to the sleet hitting the window and thinking about the sheet of ice that is supposed to be on my car in the morning. Sigh. I know I am going to need coffee....a lot of coffee.

So, on that note, I decided to post another of the new Impression Obsession Leigh Hannan designs. It is definitely one of my favorites. I stamped the coffee pot/cup onto white cardstock with black Memento ink and colored it with an assortment of Copic markers. I wanted the steam to be a grayish color, so I used both the W1 and W3 Copic markers. I chose the warm greys because they have a hint of brown to them, and I knew they would match the pot and background papers better than the Cool Grey markers would. Speaking of background paper, isn't it great? I have had this paper from Flair Designs for a long time and never used it. Nothing is more satisfying that using a supply you have had for a long time!

Have a warm day everyone (even if you have to buy your warmth at a coffee shop).

2 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Gorgeous! That paper is perfect for the card. Hope you stay warm today... good luck getting the ice off your car.

Anonymous said...

Leigh Hannon's stamps are so fabulous!! This coffee one speaks to me (imagine that)! Great card! Q