Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pop Up Card

I have to admit that I am a big Jennifer McGuire fan. I love her blog as well as all of the cool videos she makes. For today's card, I am posting one that I made after following one of her videos on making a pop up card. If you are interested in the technique, you can see the video here.

I included a link to the video because there is no way I could describe the steps adequately here. Basically, you will end up with a card that lays flat, but when you pull the tab, it will stand up and reveal a message.

Here is a picture of the card standing up:

The cupcake stand and saying are both from a clear set made by Impression Obsession, and the image was colored with a variety of Copic markers. Here is a side view of the card:

It really is a fun technique. The only thing I wish I had done differently is that I used thin paper. It was easy to fold, but it didn't slide as easily as heavier cardstock does. Ah well. Next time....

4 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is so cute. I'm going to have to try that technique. Love that stamp you used.

Penny said...

This is amazing! I love that it's interactive and your colouring is fab as always!

Susan said...

So cute! I love the images you chose - that's a great card.

Anne said...

Hi, Laura! Nice job on your pop-up card! So pretty!

And congratulations on your honorable mention in Hero Arts' Deck the Halls challenge! Wooo-hooo! :-)