Friday, June 6, 2008

Partying with the Penguins!

I wanted to post last night, but I was still without an Internet connection. Yikes! On Wednesday, my area had severe thunderstorms and tornadoes. Luckily, I wasn't without power, but I had no access to the Internet. You don't realize how much you use the Internet until it is gone!

I wanted to do a post in homage to the Memory Box penguins. Why? Well, there are 18 new penguins coming out, and two of them were from my suggestions! Woohoo! I can't say which penguins are "mine" yet, because Dave Brethauer (owner of Memory Box) is unveiling them bit by bit on his blog. It seemed rather bad form to post penguin info on my blog before his! However, Memory Box sent out pictures of all the new penguins to people on their mailing list. So, if you are dying to see them, you can sign up for their newsletter from the Memory Box site.

In the mean time, I am posting a card using the birthday penguin. I just love him! For some reason, I always smile when I see him. I did this card in one of my 10 in 10 classes because it is so easy to make. Basically, I stamped the penguin, added some red and orange markers for coloring, and added some red Stickles to the point of his hat. I used printed paper, a ribbon, and a scalloped rectangle to finish the card. Simple!

I will let you know when my penguins get posted. I can't wait to see them! Also, look for the penguins to start arriving at Angela's. She is ordering a bunch even as we speak. Woohoo! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Marge said...

Darling card, Laura. I always love black/white + one other color - a great color combo!!!

Unknown said...

What a cute card!