Thursday, April 10, 2008

Simple Stamping

Today I am posting another card from last weekend's Virtual Stamp Night. The task was to create a simple card. For this challenge, you could only use one stamp and one saying. You could use any ink you wanted, but you could only use two colors of paper (as well as white or cream). There were also limits as to how many tools and embellishments you could use. I decided to go the simple route and not use any.

I chose the leaf stamp from Impression Obsession for a couple of reasons.
1. It is one of my new stamps, and I hadn't played with it yet.
2. It is a large stamp that filled up a lot of space. That sure made designing a lot easier!

I inked the leaves stamp with Versafine Olympia Green on the bottom and Versafine Deep Lagoon on the top. You really need Versafine with this stamp to pick up the detail. I stamped the leaves and saying onto white cardstock, cut them out, and layered them. I finished the card really early and had time to lounge after this challenge. Believe me, when you are doing a marathon of challenges, any spare time is a blessing.

I checked splitcoaststampers tonight and saw that this card was chosen by the challenge hostess as a challenge honoree. I am so pleased that it was chosen from all the entries! I also have to give a shout out to my friend Tami who had her paper piecing card honored. Notice that I wrote piecing and not piercing here, Tami (pardon the inside joke everyone).

Finally, I have to mention that a card I did was on Hero Art's blog today. My card was chosen at random from all the clear card participants. I guess you can say that in this case, I was a lucky stamper instead of a talented one. It really doesn't matter; it was cool to see it on their blog. My card looked like this:


Speaking of challenges, we have been handing out fliers at Angela's highlighting the upcoming Inkadinkado contest. If you are participating, please give Angela your contest entry by Monday, April14th. She will be mailing them on Monday to be there in time for the deadline on the 18th. If someone from the store wins, not only will Inkadinkado give them a prize, they will give the store a prize too!

2 comments:

Michãel said...

I love seeing what you did for virtual stamp night. And the Hero Arts card is tres cool.

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful card! I saw your clear card on Hero's blog. It ROCKS!