Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!


I wanted to post another card from my late night stamping fit I had the other night. I really have to recommend limiting your supplies to help you get work done. I sat at my desk with a stack of Memory Box paper and my Memory Box clear bunny set. I only allowed myself to use the stamps from that one set. By doing so, I didn't waste time thinking, "which stamps should I use?" Believe me, that decision usually takes me a long time to make.

To make this card, I stamped the basket onto patterned paper and onto white cardstock. I took the image on the white cardstock and colored the eggs and basket with Copic markers. I then cut out the eggs and bottom of the basket and glued them onto the basket stamped on the patterned paper. The patterned paper I chose reminded me of grass and sky, so I lined up the top layer of paper with the bottom layer of paper to continue the horizon line. It is hard to tell from the card scan, but the basket piece is popped up with pop dots. To finish the card, I added clear gel pen to the eggs to make them shiny and added a bow to the bottom.

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Wow that is awesome, you did a great job. It's lined up perfectly! Great coloring too.