Monday, March 31, 2008

Cupcake Kind of Day

I thought I would post another Cuttlebug card today that uses the cupcake postage die that came with the machine. After all, who can't use a cupcake in their day? Plus, this one has zero calories.

To make the card, I ran the postage die cut though my Cuttlebug with pink paper. I ran the postage square through a second time using my cupcake embossing folder. To highlight the embossed image, I colored the cupcake with markers and covered the frosting area with white liquid appliqué. I then heated the image from underneath with a heatgun to puff up the liquid appliqué. By heating from the underside, you are less likely to scorch the appliqué. I colored the "frosting" with a stardust pen to add a little sparkle and layered the rest of the pieces of the card.

Technically, the number on the stamp doesn't add up to the recipient's age, but I thought it was best not to add correct postage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's up with that ugly bow? Didn't the Crafting Goddess teach you better?