Pages

▼

Monday, July 11, 2016


Welcome to the Impression Obsession Summer Die Release Blog Hop!

We have some beautiful new dies to share AND a Gift Certificate to give away!

The Blog Hop will be posted on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST Monday July 11th. 

Visit our fabulous IO Design Team’s blogs (only one comment per blog please) for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate!  The more blogs you visit … the better chance you will have to win!!!  No need to comment on the Impression Obsession Blog to enter.

Comment entries will be open until 9pm CT on Thursday July 14th and all winners will be announced Friday July 15th. 
Good luck!

For my card today, I made a couple of background papers I made from watercolor paper combined with some Colorburst Powders.  For the top layer, I combined a stencil from the Crafter's Workshop with the powders.  The wheel shape of the stencil made me think it would be a good way to highlight the "glow" of my new candle die from the latest Impression Obsession release.

To finish the card, I added a sentiment from one of the new Top Edger die sets.  The nice thing about the edger sets is that the letters remain attached to the paper so that you don't have to individually place each letter and hope they are straight.

Here is a close up of the candle die and the Colorburst background:

 

New Impression Obsession dies used:


Hop List:

56 comments:

  1. After two days without power, this candle has special meaning to me. We enjoyed two evenings with candle glow. I think this will be a very versatile die set for the holidays to and I can see it with many inspirational sentiments. I like your use of Color Bursts and the use of that candle glow stencil. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Gorgeous card and love the colour bursts you have used to create your background. Love that candle die too...TFS...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. The background is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!! Your background is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, such a beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful background for the candle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card!
    Love the colors you have used for your background, and the candle die is so pretty :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. really cute card and I love the glow around the candle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like what you have done with the color bursts here, and the candle die is a hit with me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY NICE LAURA!!! I LOOOOVE the background you've done for this!!! This candle die is PERFECT for CHRISTMAS!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. The stencil worked perfectly for the glow of the candle. I really want to try those Color Bursts. You do amazing things with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spiffy, like the way you created the candle glow

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the look of the background burst behind your candle flame. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The background with the candle is very striking. I can envision a small nativity set below the candle. Your background is perfect for the candle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, does card pop! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, love the background, I might have to buy me a candle die.
    Rene from OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful card -- love the background -- makes the candle really stand out
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. Love the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your background is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the background you created for this candle.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card. I love the use of the color bursts. I like the candle die as it can be used for both Christmas and birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your color burst background. Highlights the candle very well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful card - a real Stunner!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous background and fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the beautiful background on this one & the candle die is awesome! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card! Awesome background! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great card. The background is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Now that is one stunning card!! Love the glow effect on the card!! This new candle die is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the watercolor background behind the candle, it looks amazing! :) Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is gorgeous! I love the background that you created on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW... Your card is so beautiful! Love the background for the candle light and the diecut candle is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! Such a nice card! Love the background colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like the way you make this candle stand out on your card. It definitely gives a true meaning and feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the background on this fabulous card! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your white candle. That die accented with your rays of light from it make it outSTANDing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so fun and creative! Love that background too!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, wow, I love the stenciling background. It really makes a statement with the candle. So creative. Beautiful card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful! The candle looks like it's in front and is so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the background - makes the candle look like it actually glows!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the way you used your beautiful watercolor background to showcase the candle die! It really did make everything pop. Beautiful card and such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your background is gorgeous and makes the candle appear to be glowing! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is such an inspirational card and I love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your background is so pretty! I love the design of your card with the top edger. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Absolutely beautiful. What a creative use of the stenciled background and that wonderful candle!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the color burst background!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the background as others have mentioned. Great layout !!

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a lovely card, Laura! Your Colorburst background is fabulous, and is the perfect stage for the great candle die-cut. Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win the great prize.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love how you did the background. I just love the candle with the dripping wax.
    Diane Conklin

    ReplyDelete
  50. Super background for this gorgeous candle - love your card !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!