Pages

▼

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

IO- Summer Release Hop Day 2

 
 
 
Welcome to the Impression Obsession Summer Release Blog Hop!
 
We have some beautiful projects to share AND PRIZES to give away! The hop will run for 2 days (5/2/16– 5/3/16) with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blogs each day. Visit the fabulous Design Team Blogs on the list below (only one comment per blog per day please) for a chance to a Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!
 
The more blogs you visit … the better chance you will have to win!!!
Impression Obsession will be giving away a $25 Gift Certificates to two lucky winners!
Comment entries will be open until 9pm EST on Thursday, May 5th and all winners will be announced Friday, May 6th on the Impression Obsession Blog. 
Good luck!
 
 For today's card, I wanted to challenge myself a bit. I decided to use every stamp from a particular clear stamp set.  I have never done that before. I have always used a few stamps from a stamp set at a time.

Stamp set used- CL882 Doodle Flowers

To make the card, I used my MISTI stamp positioner and stamped all the butterflies, leaves, and flowers onto black cardstock.  I let the ink completely dry and then colored the elements with an assortment of Distress Crayons and Gelatos.  As you can see, it is a bit underwhelming:


The magic really happens when you put your paper back in the MISTI and stamp it again with white ink.  This is the end result:



It took quite a while for the white ink to dry on top of the crayons and Gelatos, but it did eventually dry.

Want to see more of the summer release?  Be sure to visit the other designers:

40 comments:

  1. Oooh fab look coloring on black! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH LAURA! THIS is gorgeous! I LOVE IT!
    These are great stamps as well! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What white ink did you use to stamp on top?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty color combination! I love the butterflies!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very striking! I really like your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, so dramatic with those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning. Love the technique you used to create your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring on the black. Great look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow--this is awesome. Great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great technique! Love the way the white ink adds so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think my favorite thing are butterflies and these are just lovely. Working on a black background brings out the colours very well.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT A FUN CARD!!! It IS FUN to play with goodies & be PLEASANTLY SURPRISED isn't it???? BEAUTIFUL JOB LAURA!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool technique!! Thanks for showing it so clearly!! Wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How stunning! Thanks for sharing the photos before and after stamping with white. That makes it so easy to see the POP! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! Great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card! I've been debating on whether to get a Misti or not and you have definitely swayed that decision over to yes. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your card. I have been dabbling in the black magic technique that you have shown. Your tip on stamping over the flowers once colored is fabulous. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great card, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy smokes. I have to Pin this card. You are so right, the white really adds a punch. You knocked this one out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great technique, clever.
    Rene from OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a fab technique, Laura, and is the perfect choice for this new stamp set! The white ink really pops against the black. Thanks for sharing your tips on how to create this effect.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So bright and cheerful!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Reminds me as a kid in playing with crayons and scratching off the black to reveal the colors underneath. Cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute card! Love the colors.
    natgodfrey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW!! the white ink really made it pop!! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the dramatic effect against that black background! Fun and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great tip! I don't have an misti but I could do this on a smaller scale. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice technique. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The MISTI is perfect for this kind of card isn't it? I love the challenge of using every stamp in a set. I will try that challenge myself. It will put some in on some stamps that might be neglected. Thanks for the inspiration! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a great technique with a WOW ending! One question. Whose white ink do you use? I have difficulty with white inks. Thanks for the inspiration! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW!!!! What a fabulous result!! LOVE this so much. Wish I had a MISTI. :)
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the coloring on black card! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. A very pretty card and wonderful technique!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super technique. It really makes the images pop. Lovely card. I will have to try stretching my creativity and try your technique out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!