Pages
▼
Thursday, May 19, 2016
IO Challenge- I Love You Man
Guy cards--- they can be hard sometimes. I know I am always looking for new ideas, so be sure to check out all the designers to see how everyone designed cards for men.
For me, I wanted to use a color that I don't normally use for guy cards. This time I chose to add a bit of yellow. I probably should have tried pink, since it would have been even harder to add to my guy card!
To make my card, I stamped the new Roadster Grill image (F13454) onto kraft cardstock using Deep Brown Colorbox chalk ink. I let the ink dry and then lightly colored parts of the card with a yellow and white Prismacolor pencil. I spent about 30 seconds total coloring bits and pieces of the image. I figured less is more when making a card for a man. Here is a close up of the image, coloring, and pencils I used:
For the background,I stamped the Thick and Thin Cover a Card (CC008) onto kraft cardstock with Kraft Hybrid ink from My Favorite Things.
To finish the card, I stamped the Good Times sentiment (C14540) onto kraft cardstock with the same brown ink. I cut out the saying, added a white highlight and then popped it up with some foam tape.
Need more masculine card ideas? Be sure to check out the other designers:
great card! This set is perfect for masculine cards!
ReplyDeleteI love your vintage MAN card!!
ReplyDeleteA great guy card, Laura! Your hints of yellow and white colouring work perfectly against the kraft card-stock.
ReplyDelete