Welcome to the Ken Oliver Crafts/Impression Obsession Blog Hop!
We have some beautiful projects to share AND PRIZES to give away!
The hop will run for 2 days (3/4/16 - 3/5/16) with a list of participants on the Ken Oliver Crafts and Impression Obsession Blogs each day at 8am EST. Visit the fabulous designers from both team’s blogs (only one comment per blog please) for a chance to win 4 great prizes!
We have some beautiful projects to share AND PRIZES to give away!
The hop will run for 2 days (3/4/16 - 3/5/16) with a list of participants on the Ken Oliver Crafts and Impression Obsession Blogs each day at 8am EST. Visit the fabulous designers from both team’s blogs (only one comment per blog please) for a chance to win 4 great prizes!
The more blogs you visit … the better chance you will have to win!!!
Ken Oliver Crafts will be giving away a set of Color Burst to two lucky winners!
Impression Obsession will be giving away a $25 Gift Certificates to two lucky winners!
Comment entries will be open until 9pm EST on Sunday March 6th and all winners will be announced Monday March 7th on the Ken Oliver Crafts and Impression Obsession Blogs.
Good luck!
Greetings everyone! I am so happy to be participating in the Ken Oliver / Impression Obsession Blog Hop. Today I wanted to do things a bit differently and show you the paper I created using some 140lb watercolor paper and Ken Oliver Color Burst Powders. The origional paper was 9" x 11" and then I cut it up to create 5 different cards.
To make my large sheet of watercolor paper, I spritzed it with water, sprinkled it with some Orchid, Violet, and Ultramarine Blue Color Burst powders and then spritzed the colors a second time to let the colors blend. As you can see from the picture, I added most of the color to the top of the paper for a vibrant effect and then added less paint and more water at the bottom for a softer effect.
Here are the 5 cards I made from that one sheet of Color Burst watercolor paper:
Card 1- I used the lighter part of my watercolor paper and added a stenciled effect with the powders. To do this, I took a stencil, pressed it down onto a craft sheet that had left over powder and water on it and then placed it onto my light blue watercolor background. I spritzed the stencili once again to help the colors blend.
IO stamps used- Birds on a Branch, Have Faith
Card 2- One of the things I like about the powders is that you can create backgrounds that really show off your larger sayings.
IO stamp used- Be Yourself
Card 3- Don't forget to save your Color Burst paper scraps! I die cut these dragonflies from that same sheet of paper that I started with so that my dragonflies would coordinate with my background paper.
IO stamp used- Have Faith
IO die used- Dragonfly Set
Card 4- This card is from the same piece of watercolor paper as the others. It just looks a bit different because when the backround was completely dry, I splattered it with some extra water to give the background a bit more of a splotchy look. The butterfly was die cut from more of my scraps.
IO stamp used - Find Your Happy
IO die used- Medium Butterflies
Card 5- For this card, I added some Platinum Liquid Metals to my paper for extra shine. This is a brand new productf from Ken Oliver that really adds some shine to your card. here is a close up of the circle and word I die cut that helps let you see the metallic look a bit better:
IO stamp set used- Smile
IO dies used- Smile, Medium Butterflies, Butterfly Set
So there you have it! As you can see, if you take the time to color a large sheet of watercolor paper, you can have lots of pieces and scraps to create cards as you need them.
I would also like to mention that I enjoyed the powders so much that I will be teaching an Intro to Color Burst Powders Class at Angela's Happy Stamper in Herndon, VA on Sunday, April 3rd. I hope you can come! Angela's has all the new Ken Oliver products as well as the new IO stamp sets and dies, so be sure to visit if you are in the area.
I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog, it is now time for you to "hop" on over to the next on the list.
Friday- March 4th
Laura Fulcher (you are here)

Hi nice to meet you via the blog hop, love your cards. Beautiful
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen x
What a fabulous idea to make a beautiful background paper and then use it so creatively to make so many lovely cards! They are all wonderful and different - thanks for the great ideas!!
ReplyDeleteHere is the next blog hop link... it was having a few technical difficulties earlier: http://sunshinerunnermom.com/2016/03/04/impression-obsession-ken-oliver-crafts-wow/
ReplyDeleteLaura, pure genius! I really enjoyed seeing the five cards and your methods of creation. Color Bursts appear to be so amazingly versatile.
ReplyDeleteLook at all you can create with one water color piece. Will have to bookmark your blog post so remember to work with all your wonderful ideas.
ReplyDeleteWow! That lovey paper you created made so many beautiful cards!
ReplyDeleteWow Laura, every single project is amazing.
ReplyDeleteI like color washes and yours are very nice. Great shading!
ReplyDeleteAll your cards are so pretty! Love that hombre effect you did with the main sheet of paper.
ReplyDeleteLove that you started with a larger sheet and cut it down to several pretty cards
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cards! Love the combination of Color Burst colors you used! Beautiful dies also! Great idea about cutting up the paper into several pieces for multiple card projects. Love the way you applied the intense colors at the top of the page so you had a variety of looks from one sheet.
ReplyDeleteEvery single one is amazing! You are so artistic!
ReplyDeleteAll of your cards are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWow! I love how you made these cards!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards!!!!
ReplyDeleteI always try to make several cards at one time when I work with wet messy-fun but never tried to multi-cut from a large watercolor paper-fabulous idea and awesome results too!
ReplyDeleteI will be back to further explore your wonderful blog!
Pretty
ReplyDeletePretty
ReplyDeleteLike how the colors blended together. Thank you for sharing the beautiful cards.
ReplyDeleteI love your creativity. I never thought of using one paper to make so many awesome cards. I now have a weekend project. TFS
ReplyDeleteWOW WOW WOW!! I have GOT to get some Ken Oliver Colorburst
ReplyDeleteI love these, they look like batik, tie die and the aura borealis..beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteAll of your cards are stunning and so creative! I love your color combination as well. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! Always love blue backgrounds for some reason. I think everyone does. The images look wonderful on these Color Bursts.
ReplyDeleteWell...I am in love with this blue color and I am a green people. lol
ReplyDeleteSUCH beautiful work. I love it.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards Laura!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous colors and backgrounds.
ReplyDeleteSuch beauty in blue!!!
ReplyDeletePretty blue cards. Love all ur cards.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Blues......LOVE every card, each one prettier than the last! WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful inspiration.
ReplyDeleteWonderful splashes of color.
ReplyDeleteStunning cards - Love them all - what a great idea to make one page and then use in a variety of cards. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteOH WOW, Laura!!!! I LOOOOOVE ALL of the cards you've made!! EACH ONE looks FABULOUS & SO DIFFERENT from the next! It seems YOU are the VERY PERSON to teach that class on Color Burst!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! WISH I WERE in the area! LOL EXCITING!!!!;)
ReplyDeleteStunning projects!
ReplyDeleteWow! Thank you for showing so many ways to use the same master sheet of colored background.
ReplyDeleteIts wonderful how you showed so many techniques with color burst! They have endless possibilities! Beautiful color combo, definitely my favorites together! I like the water drops on the last one and what a cute dragonfly. Sediment on the second card down is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea !!! Thanks for sharing - really great cards !!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards! I love all of your ideas, especially the cards with the circle of color and the stencil. Great job!! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteKatie B.
These are beautiful! Love that you've made a watercolor piece and used it so many ways!
ReplyDeleteLove this idea of making so many cards with one sheet.
ReplyDeleteLove the versatility of the paper in all cards so pretty
ReplyDeleteLove these!
ReplyDeleteThose bold colorful backgrounds don't need any more accent that our sentiments! This just shows that sometimes simple is best....and fabulous!
ReplyDeletei love ALL of these cards! beautiful piece of paper transformed into these wonderful works of art. especially fond of using positives AND negatives too!
ReplyDeletetfs, sandyh
Hi Laura, I love your vibrant cards, such a good idea to make one big sheet and then chop it up. I love your no 2 card best - it looks a little like the Northern Lights :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite colors! Great way to get multiple cards from 1 piece. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAll of your projects are stunningly beautiful! I love the colors you used!
ReplyDeleteBoy you were busy!!! Love your cards, they are all beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteLaura, truly inspirational! I love the colors and backgrounds....you did a great job!!!
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy. I really love your work!
ReplyDeleteI have been obsessed with making butterfly cards. I love yours!
ReplyDeleteThese are all amazing, and Color Burst just looks incredible to me!
ReplyDeleteWow! Five gorgeous card from one background and each one looks very different. Super idea. I need to get some Color Burst.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! Loved your cards, and those new color burst powders! Looks so fun š Especially the metallic one. Lovely...
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! Loved your cards, and those new color burst powders! Looks so fun š Especially the metallic one. Lovely...
ReplyDeleteLove the gradient on the backgrounds.
ReplyDeleteI love all the cards you got from this one sheet! Great job!
ReplyDeleteSo much gorgeousness!!! Wowzers! Thanks for the close up of the liquid metals... can't wait to try mine out!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards. Thanks for sharing the different ways to create them. Love them all.
ReplyDeleteWow...a bonanza! I like your idea of creating a big sheet of paper and using it for multiple projects.
ReplyDeletelove, love, love all your work!
ReplyDeleteLaura...Wowzer...YOU gave us 5 beautiful cards ...thank YOU! I can't decide which is my favorite! I am a quote junkie, and a bird lover so if I had to choose (which I don't LOL) I might lean toward the first one. Thank you so much for the lovely inspiration!
ReplyDeleteSo many beautiful cards! I love the colors you used.
ReplyDeleteThose backgrounds are so COOL. I love the way the looks. Great cards made with each.
ReplyDeleteAll your cards are amazing!!! And you used my very favorite stamp! To have faith is to have winds!!! I have been going from one blog to the next on this hop and each and every stop has been a true inspiration!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Five fabulous cards from one Color Burst background. My new "must have" is some Color Burst products!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, you know how to get good mileage out of your Color Bursts and watercolor paper. All of the cards you made are super...just the style I like. Thanks for sharing your creative talent with us.
ReplyDeleteAmazing what you can do with the Colorbursts and imagination! Beautiful cards!
ReplyDeleteLove your cards they are amazing.
ReplyDeleteLoved all the cards and I have to try the Color Burst
ReplyDeleteFantastic cards, love, love. And love the idea of doing a full sheet of watercolor and cut it for several cards. Thank you for showing us these.
ReplyDeleteAll your cards are amazing!!! I love the backgrounds!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards and great tips. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteYour creativity is amazing. I love all the cards and how you incorporated your designs and colors. Each one has it's own personality and the movement of the color bursts has a lot to add to the design. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteI love making one background paper and using it in several cards & die cuts. Great color choices!
ReplyDeleteSimply stunning!
ReplyDeleteAmazing cards. So many stunning backgrounds. I really love those butterflies too. Well done.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cards, love the colors so pretty and the sentiments and stamps are great too.
ReplyDeleteVery cool! 5-6 cards from one background and such lovely colors!! Great idea with using the scraps to punch the dragonflies & butterfly! I love that Smile die & the liquid metal on it!! Adding both to my wish list!!
ReplyDeleteLovely way to make a batch of cards. The colours are beautiful and I love dragonflies, so that's my favourite xxx
ReplyDeleteAll of your cards are beautiful
ReplyDeleteKathleeR
Wow, awesome backgrounds!
ReplyDeleteYour cards are all gorgeous - I really like the contrast of blue and black. It is such a great idea to make one sheet that will work for several cards.
ReplyDeleteSo many uses and so many great ideas! Blue is my fav color!
ReplyDeleteYour background sheet is beautiful, and I love the way you used it for so many different cards. Thank you for sharing this idea.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great and time saving idea! Thank you so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteEvery card is a winner! I will have to try this method of using one painted page to make many cards--saves lots of time!
ReplyDeleteHi it's nice to find new talent via this blog hop. I like how you made more than one card with your paper and they are all so unique. Joining your blog looking forward to learning more from you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for showing us so many ways to use one sheet of water colored paper. I bet you used every bit of that paper. Love the variety of styles you used too.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I love all the different techniques.
ReplyDeleteThese cards are just gorgeous. I like the way you used one page to make all these cards! The Colorbursts are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteTotally AWESOME projects! I absolutely love how the Color Burst moves and blends!
ReplyDeleteWow! Wow! All of your cards are amazing. Each background adds such interest to your card. I think I need some Color Burst.
ReplyDeletelaura, you are really amazing. i Love seeing what you create
ReplyDeleteI love, "...to have faith is to have wings". What a wonderful way to look at it. And I love your display of it on your cards. Way to go! Brenda West
ReplyDeleteHow fun to see multiple cards made from one original piece of watercolor beautifulness. Great job.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful watercolor.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, these cards are GORGEOUS!! TFS!!
ReplyDelete