Pages

▼

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

IO New Release- Day 2


Welcome to the Impression Obsession Spring Release Blog Hop- Day 2!

We have some beautiful new stamps to share AND a Gift Certificates to give away!

The hop will run for 5 days (1/4/16 - 1/8/16 with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog each day at 6am EST. Visit our fabulous IO Design Team’s blogs (only one comment per blog please) for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! The more blogs you visit … the better chance you will have to win!!! 

And we have a bonus... on the last day of the hop TWO winners will be chosen. One for Friday and one random winner from sometime during the week. So if you miss a day make sure and go back and comment!

Comment entries will be open until 9pm CT on Sunday January 10th and all winners will be announced Monday January 11th. Good luck!

All of the new stamps you'll be seeing on the hop are available NOW!


For my card, I stamped one of the new Cover a Card backgrounds onto blue cardstock with blue ink to create a monochromatic look.  The background is called "Herb Leaves," but if it isn't stamped in green, you can pretty much use it for anything you want since it creates a nice mottled background.  I then added the series of birds and saying in black ink.  I really like the saying and think it would work well as an encouragement card.

Items used:
Saying- Time to Fly E17104
Birds on a Branch- F16147

Today's Blog Hop participants:

 

78 comments:

  1. I love this "take a risk" sentiment. It is so wonderfully inspiring and I can see so many applications. What a great release this is! kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Love the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is PERFECTLY balanced! Love when the sentiment is the star! I always get nervous when using a large sentiment, thinking the birds would be 'too much'. But you guys are always proving me wrong! And I LOVE that! Gorgeous blues, too. TY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic sentiment! Great encouraging "go for it" card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding the birds on a branch was a crowning touch. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the birds on a branch really made this card..Thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really neat card. Love the sentiment, the color....everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Love the background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness...don't we all know this feeling. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning background for this quote and birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful sentiment and beautiful card overall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card -- perfect for a graduation --
    love it
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea for Herb Leaves. Birds on a Branch...add to shopping list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the birds with the great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Each year I make some generic cards with quotes or statements like this and I like this one! Great card! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the mollty background with the bird image!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty card with an awesome sentiment! I love the Herb Leaves background stamp you used also!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful sentiment. Love the background and the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, Laura. I like the way the fabulous sentiment takes centre-stage.

    Roz M.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! Now who doesn't love IO Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun sentiment...and a great inspiration! Love the subtle images and color on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love what you did here! great way to make the sentiment the focus! Your background and birds are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like all of the stamps you used on this card. Good job to both you and IO!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like all of the stamps you used on this card. Good job to both you and IO!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I AGREE with you on the fact that this would make a GOOD ENCOURAGEMENT CARD!!! ;) HOW MANY TIMES, am I having to tell MYSELF to let our daughter FLY???? LOL That background stamp looks VERY INTERESTING from your description & what we can see too! ;) SUPER JOB LAURA!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your sentiment!!!Great stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Terrific combination of sentiment and lovely birds!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Laura, Your background and color scheme is really nice. I like the birds and the sentiment really can apply to so many things. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great sentiment...the card does it justice!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the sentiment and choice of coors on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice card! Love the soft blue background for the birds and that fabulous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  33. All I have to say to your card is - AMEN. Thank you for sharing a beautiful card with us.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like the blue on blue background, it adds a nice subtle layer. Great saying.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card, Laura! I love how you used the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, I love all of the stamps you used! Especially the birds! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great job on the cards. The birds add a very special look to the card. The sentiment is really special too!

    Thanks for sharing such a nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Another perfect Cover-a-Card stamp! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like the background and the sentiment is perfect with the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  41. The birds work well with that sentiment, which I think could be used for a number of occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovin the birdies and the saying is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Another cool background stamp! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great sentiment! Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  45. nice card, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wonderful thoughtful card...love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love thoes cover a card backgrounds and this one is fabulous...perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Terrific choice of sentiment and technique.
    Carole Lovill

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the card and the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  50. Very nice, really like your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh, I really like that background and how you stamped it in blue!! Very nice with the black birds!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great card Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  53. Cute sentiment and fabulous background!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. This is fabulous. Love the quote a lot :)
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Pretty card and the sentiment is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Both the sentiment and card are inspiring. Love the birds and colors. Lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Sweet sentiment and wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very creative to use the background in an unexpected color. It really gives a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the products IO are great. Thanks for the nice party. Very beautiful card.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the birds and the sentiment - beautiful pairing :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Beautiful background, and I love when the sentiment is the main focus of the card. Beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  62. Very creative! Gorgeous card and fabulous images!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wonderful background. Both bird stamp and the sentiment suits very well together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!