Pages

▼

Thursday, December 3, 2015

IO "Love You More" Blog Hop




Are you ready to start thinking about somethng other than holiday cards?  Impression Obsession has a brand new release of Valentine images that I know you are going to love. In celebration, we are having a one day blog hop with lots of information as well as a chance to win a Gift Certificate.

The hop will start today with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Visit our fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our stamps on their blogs (only one comment per blog please).

The more blogs you visit … the better chance you will have to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!!!

Comment entries will be open until 9pm CT on Sunday December 6th and a winner will be announced Monday December 7th. Good luck!

All of the new stamps you'll be seeing on the hop are available NOW!

Hop List:



For my card today, I wanted to do something a bit different from more traditional pinks and reds.  I have to admit that the Daisy Heart Reverse image (F16200) inspired me to work with whites and yellows.  

I started with heavy weight vellum and embossed the image as well as the Picot Ribbon Love saying (C19054) with white embossing powder.  I then cut out a white frame using the All-in-One Frames Rectangle 2 die (DIE291-WW) and glued the vellum behind the frame. To finish the card, I popped the frame up with foam tape over some yellow cardstock and a white card.

Here is a hint about the coloring on the card- I was able to color the centers of the flowers and the word "love" with a yellow Copic marker because alcohol ink is able to dry on both embossing powder and the slick surface of vellum.  It is hard to tell from the picture, but I embossed the word "love" on the front of the vellum and colored it on the back side of the vellum.  This is a close up of the coloring of the flowers:


27 comments:

  1. I am enjoying the 'kraft' look to cards these days. Your background with the daises really looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy's do tell- terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER IDEA with the coloring of the backside of the vellum! This IS a SWEET CARD for a "non-traditional" card! ;) (ANY flower can be used for Valentines.... since we women LOOOOVE FLOWERS! LOL) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Thanks for the great directions on your technique. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet and friendly card! It reminds me of that line in "You've Got Mail" (the remake with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan) where she says she loves daisies because they are the friendliest flowers. :) Awesome card! TFS Hugs, Kristina (kristina@craftypaws.us)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card! I love the flowers on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the non-traditional colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fresh and pretty and I love the tip about using Copics to color on vellum and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet image, love how you colored the flower centers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card. Love your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you choose white. Very elegant card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the daisies but then on craft paper just kicks it up a notch. Great idea and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this daisy heart! Great card idea! :) Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the daisy heart. New twist on the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of my favorite cards of this blog hop. Love the embossing on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweetness of your dasiy card...

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty -- the the bright, white embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great twist in your daisy, pretty and bright and perfect on Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooo. I like the daisy heart. It's so light and spring - like!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo. I like the daisy heart. It's so light and spring - like!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I am bonkers over this card! Just gorgeous! LOVE the color combination!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cheery card, sure to brighten someone's day. It's a great color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!