Pages

▼

Friday, October 9, 2015

IO Die Hop- Day 2- Detatchable Ornament

Welcome to the Impression Obsession Fall Designer Die Hop!
We have some beautiful new dies to share AND Gift Certificates to give away!
The hop will start each day with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Each day pay us a visit here and then head over and see our fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our new dies on their blogs (only one comment per blog per day please).
The more blogs you visit each day… the better chance you will have to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!!!
We will have two days of blog hopping (October 8th and 9th) and THREE prizes!
There will be a prize for each of the two hop days (comment entries open until 10pm CT each day) and a bonus prize will be awarded on the final day of our hop from all the comments left for both days. Comment entries will stay open until Friday at 10PM CT. Winners will be announced the following day. Good luck!
So….if you miss a day or time deadline your comments will still count for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!
All of the new dies you'll be seeing on the hop are available NOW! www.iostamps.com
 
For my card today, I used the new Lg Poinsettia Set and cut out an assortment of felt leaves.  It is important when you are die cutting with felt that you use a good quality felt that wont fray as you cut it.  I used 100% wool felt.  Remember that the green leaves of the poinsettia as the same as the red.  They only differ in color.  I layered the pieces and added some natural twine.  The felt ornament is detatchable from the card so that it can be used independently of the card.  Good quality felt is pricier, so why not make an embelishment that can be used over and over again?

Here is a close up of the ornament:
 
 
To finish the card, I used the Gingham Cover a Card and the Peace saying.

Here are the designers participating in today's hop:
 

49 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love that you can use felt too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are SO CLEVER!! Love that you used felt ... and the ornament can be removed and used year after year!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that gingham bg and the fab felt poinsettia - must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tip on the felt. I would not have realized that a good quality felt would have to be used. I really like what you did and by using the felt, it adds a nice texture and made it unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea to make the flower detachable and able to be used as an ornament. Brilliant! I love IO dies and products! Thanks for sharing your creativity, kReN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the idea that the poinsettia can be removed and used over and over. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. I made detachable snowflake ornaments last year, so I am interested in learning what you used to attach the poinsettia to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, love that felt oriented poinsettia against gingham! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cool is this !!!??!!!! love the idea of a detachable ornament, totally awesome :) !!!! Love the new poinsettia from IO !!! :) !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the homespun look from the combination of felt and gingham.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea to cut these from felt! Super card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the detachable ornament and the gingham background!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The detachable ornament is such an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card!!! The new IO dies are so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you used felt. This card is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YEP! I definitely NEED this new die ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so clever! I love the felt and that makes it so durable. What a wonderful gift this would be for a hostess or neighbor. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never thought about using felt. Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the detachable ornament idea. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the checkerboard background. Cleaver idea about the detachable ornament. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOOOVE this poinsettia in FELT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) PERFECTLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun idea to use felt for this poinsettia! It looks so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to receive that felt ornament you made. It is so pretty and would awesome on our big tree. Thanks for letting us know that one can use the dies on felt. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your beautiful poinsettia card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like that there is an ornament there that can be kept from year to year.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A gift on a card, how great! It's also nice to see the gingham cover-a-card again.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful.
    Love that the flower can be taken off and used as an ornament.
    Great idea.
    the muted color of the background really makes the flower pop.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the poinsettia ornament. It would make a nice neighbor gift.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the ornament idea...fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I keep forgetting how pretty felt can be on a paper project - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the ornament idea and great card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The detachable ornament is a great idea and I love the felt poinsettia. Wonderful card! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your card. The felt ornament is a super idea. TFS. Laurie N

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great concept! The card reminds me of a country Christmas and the detachable ornament is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the felt flower! Such a clever idea & so christmasy. (Is that a word???)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the gingham paper behind the felt pointsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, this is amazing! I love that this is both a card and a gift all in one! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fantastic Prim card! Love the idea of the detachable ornament! TFS and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fantastic Prim card! Love the idea of the detachable ornament! TFS and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!