Pages

▼

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

IO Die Hop- Day 3


Welcome to the Impression Obsession Spring Designer Die Hop!
 
We have some beautiful new dies to share AND Gift Certificates to give away!
 The hop will start each day (March 9th – March 11th) with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST.  The more blogs you visit each day… the better chance you will have to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!!!
 
All of the new dies you’ll be seeing on the hop are available NOW!
 
Today is the last day of the hop, and I really hope that you have been inspired by the various ideas.
 
For today's card,  I used the leftover butterflies (Medium Butterflies DIE255-Y) from this post.   I always like it when I save scraps and then actually use them!  I did change the butterflies a bit, but I will talk about that a bit more later.

To make the card, I started with 140lb watercolor paper and wet it with a paintbrush.  I then added blue and purple watercolor paints and let the colors blend.  Once the paint was dry, I stamped the French Letter image (J8778) on top with teal ink.  I think a script stamp is a good thing to have on hand for creating backgrounds.  
 
I then decided to stamp the same script onto my butterflies:


My original plan was to place the butterflies randomly on the card, but I decided I liked them better lined up with the background stamp.  To finish the card, I added some little rhinestones:


Don't forget to check out the other designers!
 

63 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, beautiful colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's just something about those butterflies that sparks creativity. I love what you did with your background. Quite wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Live your pretty butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy color combo! I love your beautiful card, and the technique on the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is jaw dropping amazing. I adore it. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Butterflies....I LOVE them, you can never have too many. Love the background

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB idea to have the background stamp line up with the butterflies and your fab colors make them POP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty colors. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful...LOVE the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful background for these butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea. Love the stamping on the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this card is in love with at first sight. Beautiful, refined in every detail.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Love that butterfly die set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is wonderful! The stamping on the butterflies and the background made me say "ooooh"!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card - love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card ,love the background and how you used the butterflies from your previous post .

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is breathtaking! The colors, the watercolor, the layers of ink ... everything! WOW!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just stunning! Love the colors you've used and the watercolor technique is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful. The butterflies really stand out from the background.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, unique card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful card -- I really like the script stamping on the background lining up with that on the butterflies. I think that butterfly die set has got to go on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card. Love the water color look and the use of the stamped background that moves on to the butterflies. Great idea. Nice design. Super Job!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the watercolor background. the butterflies are just right. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the details and the different techniques used on your card - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous techniques, just love butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  27. These colors go so well together. I should try them. Love how you used the background on the butterflies! Very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Laura,
    I like your use of the butterflies. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card. The blue and orange combo are very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful butterflies, and love the background and how you connected. them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely love this card and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely card. The background really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. A wonderful card! Love the watercolor wash along with the butterflies! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a lovely card! Your use of the script is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful background and I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love how you stamped the script on the butterflies. Nice touch to a very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the background stamp and the way you lined up the butterflies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful card. Love your watercolor background.

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG OMG OMG!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! Such an AWESOME Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. A beautiful background and a great idea to match the script on the butterflies and the background! Wonderful colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your card creation and how the butterflies are lined up with the background stamp !!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wonderful, love the colors and What a great technique. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the color combination on your great background.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful card! Love it!!!! Great job!
    Olena

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is just so pretty. So soft.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a clever idea to line up your stamped 2nd time around butterflies with your background stamp. This is a beautiful card, and you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Really like this card, such a great idea! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!