Pages

▼

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

IO Die Hop- Day 2


Welcome to the Impression Obsession Spring Designer Die Hop!
We have some beautiful new dies to share AND Gift Certificates to give away!
 The hop will start each day (March 9th – March 11th) with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST.  The more blogs you visit each day… the better chance you will have to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!!!
All of the new dies you’ll be seeing on the hop are available NOW!
 
Welcome to day 2 of the challenge!  For today's challenge, I wanted to show you step by step how to make this glitter/shiny card.  I am really disappointed that my Cover a Card didn't show up well in this photo, but I have close-ups to share that will give you a better idea.
 
First, I cut out the Easter Cutout Square (DIE264-ZZ).  It is an intricate die, so I used a metal shim to cut it out.  Instead of gluing it down, I derided to adhere it to a double sided adhesive sheet from Elizabeth Crafts:


As you can tell from the picture, some of the areas weren't completely pressed down into the adhesive sheet.
 
 
I used the backing of the adhesive sheet that I had peeled off to press the cut out into the sticky surface.  The backing is waxy, so It didn't stick to the adhesive like paper or my fingers would.


Next, I sprinkled glitter onto the exposed sticker areas


I pressed the glitter into the sticker paper with my finger


I stamped the Diagonal Weave background (CC174) onto a dark pink card with dark pink ink and embossed it with clear powder.  This is the same Cover a Card I used yesterday,  I wanted to show you it in a different color and using a different technique.  Embossing a Cover a Card with clear powder gives you a similar look to glazed patterned papers you can buy.


I often don't emboss directly onto my card because it can cause warping (pictured above).  Instead, I emboss a layer and add it to my notecard.  To get rid of the curl, I turned the card over and stacked heavy books on top and let it sit for a bit.  It flattened everything back out.

To finish the card, I added the Tied Line die (DIE278E) and added the Hoppy Easter saying (A5121).

73 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love the glittery background....out this die on my ever growing wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card for Easter..
    Love the die...love the glitter..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd not thought to use the sticky paper backing to press the die down - I always get fingerprints everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That diagonal weave design on your border is really eye-catching. I can see that on lots of projects. Love that Easter scene. Makes me want to go out and purchase some spring bulbs!

    Come and see what I've done today!
    kReN@http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I 'need' this die :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS!! I have this die on my list ... but down a ways ... it is gradually moving up to the top!! Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, need that sticky paper. I love this darling card. Great details that i need to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and I love your embossing of the cover a card stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Your sparkly card is so Easter-y. Very nice to see the background in another colour. It is a very versatile design.
    Thanks for sharing your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glitter + die =. Perfect. Great Easter card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Laura, I love the glazed card you made too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. REAL books are still good for something, eh?! lol! Love the dark on light embossing and that background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tied die line is a riot. Have to have that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card!! Love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just purchased this die. Can't wait to use it after seeing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute card. Love the glitter technique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card...I need to get started on my Easter cards. Your work is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful, love the Easter die, the card colors, and tip. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think this card is wonderful! That little tree die is just perfect for Easter & spring with that cute little bunny.
    (Just an FYI. I find also heating the back side of my panel for a bit when heat embossing makes it less warped.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This die is amazing, love it, love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute card. Love the glitter and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card!! I really love all the pretty Easter dies from IO this season! My wish list is VERY long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty. I love the embossing on the pink card. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great use of the die I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card, so lovely die cut;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  26. So awesome! Love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks for the info on how you did your embossing. must think about that next time with heavy card stock. Love this die and the completed inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful workmanship! Thanks too for the up close shots and notes how you put the card together.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous sparkle! Love this new die!

    ReplyDelete
  30. A beautiful example of less is more.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, this is so very beautiful! Love all the sparkle and shimmer!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. A beautiful card - love the sparkles. Such a beautiful die.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card. Perfectly matched colors. Wonderful inspiration.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  34. So pretty in pink and I like the sparkle and shine.

    ReplyDelete
  35. We are too critical of our own work.
    The card is beautiful. I love this die cut
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great card. That die is going on my wish list. The Basket Weave stamp looks totally different, you might even thing they were different stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love glitter and your card was a perfect example. Love your card and the explanation, too. Thanks for taking the time to explain your technique. Also thanks for the inspiration. Must have that die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sweet, Seems an ideal use of glitter for the Easter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the tied die line and have already used it several times. Adding glitter makes a lovely statement.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous card! Love the sparkle & that fabulous die.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Nice card. Love your embossing and sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This pretty die is one of my favorites! I just love all the beautiful details! Gorgeous card and I love the addition of the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a beautiful die. That is such a sweet scene and I love the clear embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great card! Love the background embossing as well as the cute scene! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very nice use of a scene by adding your extras. Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love when the whole card can just about be made from just the die cut. Lovely job! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the silhouette effect! catisi@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks for all the helpful hints and for sharing your beautiful card. I love the glitter and the embossing on the background stamp. I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love that die! Glittering the background was the perfect touch! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the bunny and the glitter embossing

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a beautiful card, Laura. So much to look at and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow, what a gorgeous card and die!

    ReplyDelete
  53. OMG OMG OMG!! LOVING this!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love the techniques you used on this lovely card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  55. This is a super die and love how you used it and the color combo too. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is very, very nice -- so shiny and sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a fabulous and glittery card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. SO pretty Laura! Love the sparkle and how you did the sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Beautiful card! Love it!!!! Great job!
    Olena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!