Pages

▼

Monday, March 9, 2015

IO Die Hop- Day 1





Welcome to the Impression Obsession Spring Designer Die Hop!

We have some beautiful new dies to share AND Gift Certificates to give away!

 The hop will start each day (March 9th – March 11th) with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST.  The more blogs you visit each day… the better chance you will have to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!!!

All of the new dies you’ll be seeing on the hop are available NOW!

Hi everyone!  After complaining about the weather in my last post, I have to say that it was an absolutely glorious day today.  It really did feel as though Spring is coming.  I can't wait to switch to making cards featuring flowers, chicks, eggs, and......bunnies!

For my card today, I used the new Mini Bunnies die (DIE269-N).  It cuts out 15 bunnies at once as well as four pieces of grass.  I used a subset of the bunnies and cut some extra grass.  For the Easter eggs, I cut them from the Girl With Easter Basket die (DIE260-I).  They were cut from white paper and then colored with various Copic markers.  

As you probably know by now, I love using my Cover a Card backgrounds instead of patterned paper.  I love the versatility of choosing my own colors.  To make the background, I started with a kraft notecard and stamped it with the Diagonal Weave background (CC174) in brown ink.  It reminded me of a basket weave, which in turn reminded me of Easter.  For the sky, I stamped the Cover a Card Clouds background (CC091) onto white cardstock using blue ink.  I cut out a strip of the clouds and added it to my kraft notecard.  Here is a close up of the clouds.  I love the realistic look you get:


To finish the card, I added the Hippity Hoppity saying (B11024).

Want to see more of the new dies?  Check out the other designers:

82 comments:

  1. Cute, cute and more cute. Love those little bunnies and their different positions. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Love those little bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like seeing the cloud stamp used. It's one of my all time IO favorites. It may sound strange but...Thank you for the idea of visualizing under the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cloud stamp! Cute springtime card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LIKE BACKGROUND STAMPS TOO AND THE CLOUD STAMP IS WONDERFUL. GOING ON MY MUST HAVE LIST. YOUR CARD IS WONDERFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card I just purchased those bunnies and now you have given me some ideas on using them

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved to sing the song, now it will be in my head all day. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and I do really love your backgrounds. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love the background! Love the CAC stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card and the clouds look amazing! I didn't know there was a stamp like that.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute, cute! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That cover a card clouds stamp is interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  14. WOW! Love the cloud stamp. Had never seen that before. Your design with the little bunnies, the basket like stamp and the grass make such a cute theme. Great design....good job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card!!! Love those bunnies!!1

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the bunnies! Your backgrounds are beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! Love that sky background and those bunnies in front of it are just adorable!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. DARN! I was trying to talk myself out of getting those bunnies, but they are even cuter than I thought! Love your card and the IO background stamps are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really cute card. I love the clouds...they look real!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just adorable. Love your use of the cover a card backgrounds. The clouds are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great use of the background stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  22. One of my all-time favorite books to teach was Watership Down. This card reminded me of that book and I just love what you did with those little bunnies!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The clouds are perfect and the bunnies are just too cute. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful card!!! This set of mini bunnies is a "must-have" for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is toooo cute for words!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a darling card! Really like the background on everything. Want to take those bunnies home. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These bunnies are so cute. Love your great job on the basket weave and clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so sweet! I love the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Easter cards are a big challenge for me. Thank you for the inspiration. The card is beautiful.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  30. Buzy bunnies preparing for Easter egg hunt. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those bunnies are adorable. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love me some bunnies, so this one is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love those cute little bunnies and your wonderful design! Thank you much also for explaining how to create the lovely blue cloudy background!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the background paper. Great idea to make your own designs.
    The little rabbits are a great idea.
    Don't always need a big rabbit.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the cute little bunny dies. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a cute Easter card! I love the little bunnies and how you created the background that looks like a basket and the clouds are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your clouds and sky are so realistic - love that!

    ReplyDelete
  38. So cute--love the bunnies and the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love those clouds! catisi@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a cute card! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a fun combination of stamped and die-cut images! Very Spring-y!

    Roz M.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love this adorable card! Those little bunnies are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Adorable, who doesn't love bunnies!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! Such a SWEET card Design!! ;) THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Adorable bunnies! Love everything about this card. The Cover-A-Card clouds look awesome. I think that stamp needs a home in my craft place!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the bunnies and the cloud background!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such a simple and sweet way to showcase the rabbits. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Very cute and your sky is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Very cute! Great Easter card. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh love those darling bunnies. Fantastic clouds and very realistic. Fun Easter/spring card.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I just love bunnies and these are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Cute card. Love those little bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love your card. I like how the die cuts out so many bunnies at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  55. cute card, love your sky coloring, and the little bunnies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Sweet card! Love all those darling bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the little bunnies on your card, Laura. They look like they are all patiently waiting for the big day.

    ReplyDelete
  58. The bunny scene looks wonderful and I love the background. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  59. OMG what a beautiful scene you've created! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Beautiful card! Love it!!!! Great job!
    Olena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!