Pages

▼

Thursday, July 3, 2014

IO Challenge- Colors of Summer

Today's Impression Obsession challenge is all about summer colors.  Since the heat index today was over 100, I decided to go with hot colors such as yellow, orange, and red.  I was a little disappointed when I stamped my saying because I realized that I smudged it a bit.  It should read "It takes a long time to grow an old friend."

To make the card, I colored the background with an assortment of Peerless watercolors and then embossed the tree (Tree F7715) and the saying (Old Friend B5400) in black.

Do you need a bit more summer inspiration?  Check out the other designers:


Karen is a new designer for Impression Obsession, so be sure to stop by her blog!

3 comments:

  1. I love adding a wash of color behind images -- yours is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful sunset for a hot summer day...have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Nature scene and those are real warm summer colors! I like the quote too, greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!