Pages

▼

Thursday, April 17, 2014

IO Challenge- Out of the Box

Today's Impression Obsession challenge is all about using something in a little different way than it might normally be used.  I am not always the best at thinking "outside the box," but I knew that I liked the shape of the sun die from the Sun and Moon die set (DIE 163-C) and thought it would look good in colors other than yellow.

I cut out a bunch of suns in various colors and pieced them together to build a graphic design.  It reminded me a bit of a quilt pattern, so I added some white stitching around the card with a white Prismacolor pencil.  To finish the card, I added some hearts I cut from the Conversation Heart Block die (DIE 133-C) since I thought it would  give the card a more patchwork look.

Be sure to check out the other designers to see how they were looking at things from a different point of view:
Laura Fulcher - you are here
Vicki Garrett



4 comments:

  1. A fun card....great for a guy!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this card. You really did work outside the box. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tick, tack, do, lets go. a cute idea. that;s what I thought of, anyway.,,love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!