Pages

▼

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Creativity is Contageous


Welcome to Day 3 of the Impression Obsession 2014 Spring Die Hop!
We have some beautiful new dies share AND Gift Certificates to give away each day!!!
The hop will start each day with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Each day pay us a visit here and then head over and see our fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our new dies on their blogs (only one comment per blog per day please). The more blogs you visit each day… the better chance you will have to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!!!
Every day (Tuesday, March 25th – Thursday, March 27th) one of the blogs will be chosen randomly and a winner will be selected from comments on that blog at 10pm CT. The winner will be announced the following day along with the participating blogs for that day.
Two prizes will be awarded on the last day of the hop. One will be for Thursday’s comments and another will be chosen from all the comments left throughout the week. 
So….if you miss a day or time deadline your comments will still count for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!
Both Thursday winners will be announced on the IO Blog on Friday.
If you have any questions please email Jeanne.
All of the new dies you'll be seeing on the hop are available NOW!
Today’s hop list:
Laura Fulcher - you are here
Vicki Garrett

Today is the last day the die blog hop.  I hope you have enjoyed it and been inspired.

For my last card, I once again used stamps that coordinate with dies.  This time though, instead of cutting out a die and then stamping on it with a clear stamp, I used one of the cling rubber stamps that has a coordinating die.

This is the stamp I used.  It is called Insect Set D5642.  It stamps all of the insects at the same time as well as a box around the insects.

Once you stamp the insects, you place the coordinating die (Insect Set DIE139-I) on top of the insects to cut them all out at the same time.  The size of the die is the exact same size as the rectangle around the insects, so it is very easy to line up the two.  Tape the die in place, cut out all of the insects, and then you are ready to add them to your cards.  If you need a visual on how to do all of the steps, I used a similar technique for my Conversation Heart post, and it has a lot more pictures.

Here are the insects once they are colored:


The best part?  The die cuts around all the antennae.  I can't tell you how valuable that is to me!

To make the card, I stamped the Watercolor Clouds J13218 at the top of some watercolor paper using Bahama Blue Memento Luxe ink.  While it was till wet, I went over the blue ink with a waterbrush to soften the color and make it have a more watercolor look.  For the grass, I used Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and a waterbrush to add some green to the bottom of the card.  I let everything dry and then embossed the Creativity is Contagious D14174 in black.  To finish the card, I added some clear Wink of Stella to the butterfly wings and popped them up on the card with foam tape.

Thank you for stopping by during the hop.  I hope you enjoyed it!


66 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. I love that this set has a die to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I adore all butterflies and yours look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! The new die will save lots of time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I especially like the saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done card.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card. I like the die/stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. I like the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am back for Day 3 - love the adorable butterflies - your colouring is beautiful! This has been a fun blog hop with lots of inspiration - the new dies are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is just nothing better than stamps with matching dies! I'm in heaven. TFS Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this...love that thee are dies to use with the stamp, saves lots of time and makes it all so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to see this set in action! This is a beautiful piece...the matching stamps and dies are the way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card and thanks for explaining how the dies and stamps work together--love that the antennae are cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great sentiment. I love the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm liking these dies more and more. Can't wait for my order to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your coloring is awesome! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job on painting the clouds in the sky. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the way you did your sky. Thanks for showing how the dies and stamps work together. They really make the card special.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awe what a sweet creation and wonderful message! Thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful spring card. I love the stamp set and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a darling card, and I just love the way you did the sentiment. I'm going to have to get this font die. Thanks for sharing you creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. love these simple little butterflies, and the sentiment is so true. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card! Love the stamp and coordinating die! Pretty butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So very pretty! The butterflies are sweet, and I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty card - I really like your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty - love the clouds and the butterflies.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card!!! I've been looking for some "bee" stamps that I really like and I think I've finally found them!!! And they have a matching die. You can't beat that!! Not to mention all the other insects in the set, too!! I think I hit the jackpot!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the "scene" you created with the stamps and dies, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I absolutely love all those little flying critters you made using the stamp and matching die sets. You colored them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card. Makes you wish spring would arrive. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pretty! I love all those little bugs and the sentiment. I'm going to have to add these stamps and dies to my wishlist. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful quote, and loving those sweet butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pretty card...I really like the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the background and neat saying.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very beautiful card! I love all details.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this beautiful card and wonderful sentiment! Great stamp and die design!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Really lovely! Such a springy card! I like that the die cuts the antenna out also.

    ReplyDelete
  38. WoW, beautiful card! I agree with you about cutting out the antennae, that is very important. The bug set is going on my wish list, I love butterflies and dragonflies. Thank you for sharing today.
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love sets that have dies to match! Makes life easy peasy

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a cool die. Your card is so pretty...love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh your card is so pretty with the gorgeous butterflies and the soft watercolor look for the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great idea to have coordinating dies and stamps. I love your very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This card really makes me want warm weather as I sit here blog hopping why its going between snow and freezing rain outside! Wonderful card and thanks for taking me away from this NEVER ENDING WINTER if even for a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  44. How cute and I love that the die cuts the antennae too.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for the tips about these stamps and matching dies - they look really handy!

    ReplyDelete
  46. How cute! I sure hope that creativity is contagious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great card and love how you did the background.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great card. Nice not to have to do all that fussy cutting of the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great card....love the sentiment!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  50. The stamps sets with dies are so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Very pretty and inspiring card !!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful card! Just saw this one in the store! Love the bright spring colors. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  53. wow love love it i always looking for draflys i have a dear cuz who frined in nursinghome and when she knew who she was she loved to wacth the dragflys ans so i try send her
    so just maybe she rember the way she loved the dragflys i send more cards everyweek to other just bright there lifes even for few mins dont forget them in nursinghomes could use acard to or them who going thur something or the just live alone it make you feel good knowing you do theses and it might them whi you send to help them thur a day happy craft month

    ReplyDelete
  54. wow love love it i always looking for draflys i have a dear cuz who frined in nursinghome and when she knew who she was she loved to wacth the dragflys ans so i try send her
    so just maybe she rember the way she loved the dragflys i send more cards everyweek to other just bright there lifes even for few mins dont forget them in nursinghomes could use acard to or them who going thur something or the just live alone it make you feel good knowing you do theses and it might them whi you send to help them thur a day happy craft month

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love your coloring! The sentiment is too fun! The butterflies are perfect for this. Those bees are even more fun! I hate to cut out all those little shapes!

    Chris R. from Iowa
    ckrobinson01@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. What a beautiful card! I love these types of stamped scenes and yours is just lovely! TFS. kReN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!