Pages

▼

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Baby Card


Welcome to Day 2 of the Impression Obsession 2014 Spring Die Hop!
We have some beautiful new dies share AND Gift Certificates to give away each day!!!
The hop will start each day with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Each day pay us a visit here and then head over and see our fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our new dies on their blogs (only one comment per blog per day please). The more blogs you visit each day… the better chance you will have to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!!!
Every day (Tuesday, March 25th – Thursday, March 27th) one of the blogs will be chosen randomly and a winner will be selected from comments on that blog at 10pm CT. The winner will be announced the following day along with the participating blogs for that day.
Two prizes will be awarded on the last day of the hop. One will be for Thursday’s comments and another will be chosen from all the comments left throughout the week. 
So….if you miss a day or time deadline your comments will still count for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!
Both Thursday winners will be announced on the IO Blog on Friday.
If you have any questions please email Jeanne.
All of the new dies you'll be seeing on the hop are available NOW!
Today’s hop list:
Laura Fulcher - you are here
Vicki Garrett

For my card today, I decided to once again coordinate stamps with dies.  This time I used images from the Clothesline clear set (CL539) and coordinated them with the Clothesline die set (DIE146-Z).  The stamp and die sets come with a ton of clothes items, but I decided to make a baby card and focus on the onsie.

I wanted to make a generic baby card and decided to go gender-neutral with colors.  I did learn that it is very hard to color a onsie with yellows and not have it look like a baby had an "accident" in it.  Therefore, I stuck to green.  Live and learn!

The clothespins are part of the die set and are a bit fiddly to glue down.  However, they really finish the card, and the die cuts seven clothespins at once so you don't have to keep running the die through a machine.  To finish the card, I stamped the background with the Gingham Cover a Card (CC006) and added some yellow rhinestones.

 

69 comments:

  1. So very cute and love the colors !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, I went to check and they are temp. out of stock for the stamp set;( But, I'm sure they'll be back. Really cute card idea. TFS Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen L. said....
    So cute. I didnt know about the yellow so thanks for that future tip. Those clothespins do look fiddly but so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute baby card! Love the background you created with the cover-a-card stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baby card is just adorable. Love the little clothes pins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute card and easy to make.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely precious and sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, Cute Cute!! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet baby card--I like the clothespins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable and sweet!!!! I love those cute little onsies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need new ideas for baby cards and this certainly is a huge help!!
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Faith in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, green is my favorite color. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovley and wonderful!

    Hugs, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute card - onesies are always cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need inspiration for baby cards. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG this is SO ADORABLE! I must get these sets to create some baby cards just like this ... so precious and perfect! Thanks for inspiration Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet card! Love the gingham background.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute. Love the clothesline with the hanging outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  20. with little ones we always have wash day. An this is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable. Love the colors and background. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Onesies on a washline, too too CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute card!!! I always love the special little details like those clothespins even if they do drive me crazy as I put it all together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute! Love the little onesies, guess for the clothespins it would help to have one of those "pick-me-up"tools.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute card for a baby, the new onsie is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Darling baby card! I love the stamp and coordinating die for the baby onesie! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is adorable! I love the colors and it looks like it would be quick to make which is always a plus! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute card and use of the dies....love my IO dies!!!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  29. The little onsies are so adorable! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is definitely on my must have list

    ReplyDelete
  31. Really cute! Love those little outfits. Great card! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Super-cute! Those little clothespins are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a sweet baby shower or baby welcome card you've created. Love this and love the fact that again the stamps are paired with matching dies.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Aw, so adorable! Great baby card! Love the onesies!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So cute - love the little onesies.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. So very cute---it's sure to make a new mom smile. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very cute and very sweet. This would be great for making multiples.

    ReplyDelete
  38. EEEEK!!! I wanted that baby set, too!! I'm waiting to order the matching stamp set with the dies...I'll get so much use out of it that it'll pay for itself in no time! LOVE your card! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is very sweet! I really like your choice of non-traditional colors

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a sweet little baby card! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Holy smokes, you actually glued down the clothespins. Aren't you patient. Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Simply adorable and a card anyone would love to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh so cute and fun are the dies and your card! So well done.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Everyone one needs to keep a card like this on hand. Cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such a sweet card, love those darling onesies!

    ReplyDelete
  46. this is the cutest little onesie card I have ever seen. Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such a sweet card! Love those little onesies!

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is so cute never seen that little die before I may have it to my LONG list of wants

    ReplyDelete
  49. The onsies are so cute. Pairing them up with the clothesline set was a great idea..

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is a very sweet baby card, Laura. And I need to make a few of these cause I know of a few babies that are on their way.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Very darling baby card. Love the use of colors and plaid paper. Cute! kReN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!