Pages

▼

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Impression Obsession Challenge- Favorite Technique

Hi everyone.  Today the IO challenge is all about favorite techniques.  Perhaps my favorite technique that involves Impression Obsession images is stamping my own backgrounds with Cover a Card stamps.  In particular, I like to combine more than one background to create my own unique background designs.

For my card, I started with a plain purple notecard and stamped the new Dimensional Chevron Cover a Card (CC176) on top using Lavender Chalk ink. 


I could have left the background "as is," but why stop at one pattern when you could have more?!  I decided to add the Dotted Argyle Cover a Card (CC175) background on top of the first using Imperial Purple Versafine ink.

It might be cheating to add a second favorite technique to the mix, but lately I have been using a lot of Distress Markers on watercolor paper and then blending with a waterbrush.  I continued that trend by stamping Fragile Ink Heart (E9164) onto watercolor paper with Imperial Purple Versafine ink and colored the inside edges with a Seedless Preserves Distress Marker.  I softened the color with a waterbrush, cut out the heart, and popped it up onto the card.  Finally, I stamped the Happy Heart (B8346) saying and added a bit of blended Distress Marker to the paper strip with the saying.

Need more technique inspiration?  Be sure to check out the other blogs:
Laura Fulcher - you are here
Vicki Garrett


 

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea & beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO! What a dynamic card. Love the movement. And that heart is "on the money!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas for backgrounds. I will look at my background stamps differently from now on. Thanks. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, your background is perfect. Please continue to do this creation. I takes courage, and thoughtful co-ordinations of color and images. Well done.....Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a Cover-A-Card stamps fan, I love seeing them in action! Thanks for sharing! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea... Love the beautiful background you created.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!