Pages

▼

Friday, January 10, 2014

Impression Obsession Blog Hop Day 5

Welcome to Day 5 of the Impression Obsession 2014 Spring Release Designer Hop!
 
We have some beautiful CHA peeks to share AND Gift Certificates to give away each day!!!
The hop will start each day with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Each day pay us a visit and then head over and see our fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our new stamps & dies on their blogs (only one comment per blog per day please). The more blogs you visit each day the better chance you will have to win! 
 
Every day (Monday Jan 6th – Friday Jan 10th) one of the blogs will be chosen randomly and a winner will be selected from comments on that blog at 10pm CT. The winner will be announced the following day along with the participating blogs for that day.
 
Two prizes will be awarded on the last day of the hop. One will be for Friday’s comments and another will be chosen from all the comments left throughout the week. So if you miss a day or time deadline your comments will still count for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate! Both Friday winners will be announced on the IO Blog on Saturday. 
 
If you have any questions please email Jeanne.
 
Well, it is the final day of the blog hop.  I really hope that you have enjoyed it.  For my final card, I would like to show you another of the stamp designers.  This time I chose an image by Tara Caldwell called Swirl Vase (H16011).  I chose not to add a saying to the front so that I could save the card as an emergency one.  I can add a message for birthday, thinking of you, get well, Valentine's Day, or whatever.  You can never have too many generic cards in your stash!  To color the image, I used Distress Markers and a waterbrush.

Here are the other blogs on the hop today:

Laura Fulcher You are Here
Vicki Garrett

66 comments:

  1. Laura, I have enjoyed seeing your work on this blog hop! This last card (your generic one) is a beautiful one to have on hand for lots of occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring. I like the idea of leaving off the sentiment for an emergency use. I should do the same thing. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, such a pretty bouquet of coloring. Welcome spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. spring is in the air! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. This is image is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Totally BEAUTIFUL!! Amazing Coloring!! LOVED all of your Cards this Week!! THANKS SO MUCH fir sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! The image and colors are so pretty!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful image, wonderfully colored. Keeping the card layout CAS really allowed this one to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your idea of having generic cards on hand for when the occasion arises! Great tip! Your card is so beautifully colored! Thanks for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pastel colors are so lovely on this card. You're right! It is an all purpose card but I would probably use it as get well or thinking of you. It's just so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of having some all pupose cards on hand, and this stamp would be perfect for so many occasions. Seeing it done so beautifully on your card, makes it another one for the wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely image and super coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so hooked on flowers- this is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  14. very pretty - and I can see I am not the only commenter who thinks that!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  15. I quite often prefer to not have a saying on the front of the card. I sometimes think that it can detract from the main image. Your vase & flower colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good idea to create when the mood strikes, to enjoy the process and have a stash.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your coloring is always so beautiful! I too, leave off the sentiment at times! Thanks for inspiring me to be crafty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am always amazed to see someone attack the arduous task of a complex image. You did it so well in this card with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that beautifully colored bouquet of flowers on your card. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. blossoms of spring in a beautiful vintage vase. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your coloring. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty - love the soft colors
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very beautiful. Love the coloring job.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card, makes me want spring to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving your waterbrushing - you did a lovely job on your card - thanks for the hop and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a perfectly coloured card and it's just right for an "emergency"!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so right...a generic image useful for different occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have a Nana that would love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous stamp and beautiful coloring on this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pretty card Laura! This was my favorite Tara Caldwell stamp. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely vase of flowers with great shading in your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely image and your coloring is fantastic! Love the light hues you chose. Very springy!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your card is perfect for many occasions. Love the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  34. How soft and pretty...love the pretty pastel, Spring colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Eileen L. said

    Love this stamp. Your coloring is just beautiful. Vases of flowers are just gorgeous and makes me feel the desire for spring, but NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your coloring on the flowers. They are bright and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Pretty card, has a very soft feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  38. So pretty! Great coloring! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very pretty card,
    lovely flowers.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  40. This card is so pretty and the colors just made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful coloring for the vase and flowers....sooooo nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my goodness! You are so very take talented in how you colored this. I you inspire me to learn more! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Drop dead GEORGEOUS!! That pink knocks my socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a bright, cheery card! Love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fabulous coloring, love flowers,
    Thx

    ReplyDelete

  46. This is gorgeous, I love this vase of flowers. I'm going on vacation and was try to figure out what to take to do that will fit in suitcases that can fly and not take up a lot room, I think it will be distress markers, colored pencils, and stamped images to play with. I have to have something to do when sitting around with 2 sisters and a cousin for 2 weeks. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!