Pages

▼

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Impression Obsession Blog Hop Day 3


Welcome to Day 3 of the Impression Obsession 2014 Spring Release Designer Hop!
 
We have some beautiful CHA peeks to share AND Gift Certificates to give away each day!!!
The hop will start each day with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Each day pay us a visit and then head over and see our fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our new stamps & dies on their blogs (only one comment per blog per day please). The more blogs you visit each day the better chance you will have to win!
Every day (Monday Jan 6th – Friday Jan 10th) one of the blogs will be chosen randomly and a winner will be selected from comments on that blog at 10pm CT. The winner will be announced the following day along with the participating blogs for that day.
Two prizes will be awarded on the last day of the hop. One will be for Friday’s comments and another will be chosen from all the comments left throughout the week. So if you miss a day or time deadline your comments will still count for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate! Both Friday winners will be announced on the IO Blog on Saturday.
If you have any questions please email Jeanne.

With the weather as cold as it is, who couldn't use a nice cup of hot tea?  I started my card by adding the Chinese Script Background (H13186) and added the Bamboo Single (F13177) and Brushed Bamboo (F13182) in green ink.  I allowed everything to dry and then embossed the Chickadee Tea (D13184) and Work of Art saying (B13224) in black.  To color the chickadee, I used white and grey prismacolor pencils because the waxiness of the pencils cover up the decorative background behind it.  I am all for avoiding masking whenever possible!

Today’s hop list!
Laura Fulcher You are here

  


78 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this. There is just everything to love about this. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card would sit on my counter for months. i love, love the geen bamboo with the chickadee teapot and wonderful sentiment. This is my favorite card of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...love my teas and love to try new ones. I'm convince by you and other members to use more stamps...haha. Beautiful card..wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A card very well put together with just the right colors-peaceful.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I love the bamboo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eileen L. said...

    Very pretty card. I love bamboo, all grenery really and that cute bird on the teapot is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful...love this stamp...I think I "need" this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great card for a bird or a tea lover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have my teapot on! Beautiful card. Great coloring and am impressed with your no masking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the differences in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, great inspiration,
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my....this one took my breath away when I saw it on my screen! Gorgeous little piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a peaceful card! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card.. love the stamps and coloring

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a group of friends that go to tea houses. They would love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely - love the white on the bird!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the zen feel of this card.
    It is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous in so many ways. Love the images and how you've put them together to create this scene, TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous in so many ways. Love the images and how you've put them together to create this scene, TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  22. The stamped background really ties this one all together. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are such fantastic stamps! I love both the bamboo and the chickadee... not to mention tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tea - yum - I love tea and loving your card too! Happy Day

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card! I love the Chinese Script background stamp and the bamboo design. The Chickadee Tea stamp is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this! Needs to be framed in the kitchen! Beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a pretty card. Love the Chinese script background, perfect for the bamboo and the little teapot and Chickadee stamp. Perfect color palette too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This card has such a serene feeling to it. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful layering. The composition is perfect. I struggle with things like that. Well done. Thanks for the isnpriation.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty, you did a great job with the bird too!


    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh this card is beautiful! Asian arts are my favorite! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just lovely! It projects a wonderful peaceful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous!! LOVE how the Prismacolors let the chickadee really stand out!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is very different and has wonderful composition and color. I really, really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful card; love the details (I'm for less work too-thanks for the tip).

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very eyecatching card...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful - yup will be needing this set :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely card - the little bird is so sweet.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great card! These are all stamps that I want to own too! Thanks for showcasing them, I am glad to see how big the bamboo is stamped. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your juxtaposition of images. The teapot and bird with that quote are so wonderful together. They go on my wishlist at I.O. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  41. LOVE the Asian card!!
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Faith in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  42. This lovely card just makes me feel peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the oriental influence of your card...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the oriental influence of your card...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Such a Great Card!! Love all the stamping details!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your card is so peaceful. I love the Asian inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Lovely Card and good job coloring the bird! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  49. So much to love about this card...I really loved the Chinese background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the sense of tranquility this card gives.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Chinese script background is nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love to see an Asian influence!

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a peaceful card. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautifully done! It's been a while since I've seen Asian. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  55. oh my gosh! Laura, this is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  56. This card is absolutely exquisite! A lovely little work of art itself!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your card is divine, adore the simple, oriental style, really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Beautiful card. Love these Asian designs. With you there on the masking, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Cute card! Lovely design! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!