Pages

▼

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Impression Obsession Blog Hop Day 2


Welcome to Day 2 of the Impression Obsession 2014 Spring Release Designer Hop!
 
We have some beautiful CHA peeks to share AND Gift Certificates to give away each day!!!
The hop will start each day with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Each day pay us a visit and then head over and see our fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our new stamps & dies on their blogs (only one comment per blog per day please). The more blogs you visit each day the better chance you will have to win!
Every day (Monday Jan 6th – Friday Jan 10th) one of the blogs will be chosen randomly and a winner will be selected from comments on that blog at 10pm CT. The winner will be announced the following day along with the participating blogs for that day.
Two prizes will be awarded on the last day of the hop. One will be for Friday’s comments and another will be chosen from all the comments left throughout the week. So if you miss a day or time deadline your comments will still count for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate! Both Friday winners will be announced on the IO Blog on Saturday.
If you have any questions please email Jeanne.

Welcome to day 2!  I have been working on a series of clean and simple Valentine's, and I thought I would share one I made using one of the new small textured backgrounds by the very talented Dina Kowal.  Her backgrounds are great because they are an easy way to add a splash of texture and color to your cards.  You could just as easily switch out the heart and add a flower, butterfly, present, etc. for a quick and easy card.  Very, very practical.

For my card, I stamped the Interesting Texture 2 (E13200) and Solid Heart (C14191) with pink shades of Memento Luxe ink and then stamped the Bold Sweet Valentine saying (C9137) on top with black Memento Luxe ink.  The Luxe inks take a really long time to dry, but they are opaque enough that they really cover up the layers underneath. 

Here are the other blogs on the hop today:
Laura Fulcher You are Here
 

85 comments:

  1. Sweet card. Very simple, but very striking. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! I like how you used the background stamp to create a panel and then offset the stamped heart. And wow, those memento inks are very solid to layer so well on another stamped image. Good to know! your card is "simply" beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! It would be a great go to card that will WOW them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card -simple and effective.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and simply beautiful!!! Love the colors, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eileen L. said..

    Very pretty Valentine card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet Valentine!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card. Love the simplicity. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you used just a portion of the background stamp I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great choice in images.
    Lovely card!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. It is so lovely in its simplicity!

    I am becoming quite a follower of IO. Thanks for this chance to win.
    kReN

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Dina is so talented and you brought it to life with your gorgeous CAS technique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sweetness and simplicity of this card. And like you said, it could be used for any occasion. So practical!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a pretty card. So great on the eyes. You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple and stunny, love your style,
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Stunning colors and final result!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very cool layering of the stamps and great for mailing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in total agreement with you re the background stamp and am lovin' the double ring quilt look of it ... sigh ... thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. CAS, yet makes a bold statement! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Clean and simple. Something I have a hard time achieving. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the textural look to the panel on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card! Love the layered inks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think the CAS look of this card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like the simple yet bold look of this one, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet card - love the pink heart and clean and simple look.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. simply darling. I thought the background was fabric, Good idea with the stamp image....thanks for sharing....have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your clean and simple design! Great job - what a fun new release!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can see the texture stamp is going to be very useful - your card is pretty :)


    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the colors you chose, great card

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweet card! I love the minimalist style.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sweet card! I love the minimalist style.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sweet card! I love the minimalist style.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sweet card! I love the minimalist style.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Simple, but lovely. You're right the splash of color/design from the small background makes the card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card! I love the look of the layering and am anxious to try out the Luxe inks. Beautiful new stamps! Can't wait to get a few along with some of the new dies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for showing a great way to use Dina's stamps! Love that patch of color and texture behind the focal point.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sweet and simple and that what we all can use now and then. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very doable card with a lot of impact. Always good to have info on how the different inks work.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love your card design. It's not easy for me to do CAS cards, but I really like this one! Great IO stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW!! LOVING this Design!! Such FUN Stamping!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful card! Simply elegant with a touch of whimsy. TFS

    Mindy
    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Simple, but yet it has a nice feel of texture and layering ;- )

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a pretty example of a CAS Valentine card. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great card. Very modern with fab layering.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the fact that you can really mass produce this very easily and yet it looks so polished! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  46. A lovely CAS card for sure - loving that bow on your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very clean and simple look to this card, but very elegant too.. And Wow... great giveaway.. too fun.. love all IO stamps and dies and would be thrilled to have some of the newest ones!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Sweet card... loved that background distressed look stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the simplicity of your design and colours

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great card! Love the texture stamp too. And your layers are great! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love the detail of this card - the depth gives it so much "heart"

    ReplyDelete
  52. Kewl modern graphic feel for this valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I really like the simplicity of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Very nice , I like the simple cards.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I wouldn't have thought of using the background stamp like you did, with just covering a portion of the card. I must give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Such a pretty valentine! Love that background and love one layer cards! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  57. Very lovely, clean and simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great CAS design. I love that background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Notice card thanks

    ReplyDelete
  60. Sweet and to the point. Nice CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Beautiful inking, love the stamps and the colours are stunning. TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  62. Very cute - need to get busy on my Valentines cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I also appreciate the elegance of a simple layout. Your card is smashing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Very sweet valentine card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Cute card! Love that background! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!