Pages

▼

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Metallic Mermaids

When I saw the new Leigh Hannan Mermaids stamp (G2437), I knew that I wanted to make it metallic and shimmery. Here is a side view that I took under a light so that you could see the shimmer better: To make the background, I stamped the Cover a Card Swirls and Stars (CC054) onto green cardstock with Versamark ink and embossed it with glitter embossing powder. I didn't have the exact color that I envisioned for the card, so I mixed some Judikins Hanukkah embossing powder (metallic blue) with some Zing metallic green powder to get the teal look I wanted.

For the mermaids, I stamped them in black Memento ink and colored them with an assortment of Copic markers. I wanted to make the fins sparkle, so I added some Stickles to them and then used a paintbrush to spread the stickles around.

Don't forget to check out the other Day 3 samples of the Impression Obsession blog hop. You can find a list of the participants here. There is even a contest where you can win a $25 Impression Obsession gift card!

34 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous card and colouring! Leigh Hannan's designs are my favourites. Greetz, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas for using glitter! Another great card! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shimmer, my granddaughter loves mermaids and would love a card stamped with these lovelies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Beautiful work Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cover a card backgrounds have got to be my favorite things right now!! And the mermaids are so cute! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Laura, I love all the sparkly goodness on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what fun, great summer images

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mermaids!

    iamvictorias at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the different designs on the mermaids...especially like that you worked with green colors and the sparkle. Best Wishes... Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. What you did with the mermaids is really sharp. The cover a card swirls & stars was just the right touch in the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Laura, the mermaids are so glitzy, love that teal colour a lot!


    Penny H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. I love the mermaids! Bright and shiny. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is such a fun card! and all the bling really suits the mermaids!
    sandyh
    sandyha@comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sparkly and pretty! Great colors for a mermaid card! Thank you for sharing.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful ingenuity! Love the colors and the shimmer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! Love the sparkles. Great card:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you used the glitter for accenting the mermaids. The background stamp is perfect for this image. Thanks for sharing, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very awesome card indeed! The colors and the glitter makes for a very beautiful card. Thanks for your ideas.

    Joan
    MN

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is adorable. I love all the glitter. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mermaid mysteries continue in full color, Laura! You did a fine job enlivening each image. Keep Looking UP! mt23stamperatyahoo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! Love the background and the sparkly fins!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful all-purpose card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic card.... I love the shimmer you added & the coloring is gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com
    zloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is FRAMEABLE! Perhaps we name them (tart names???) and make 'em our mascots!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh this is so pretty!! Using the metallic is perfect for these mermaids!!

    Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!