As I mentioned during the purple card challenge, my favorite stamp of the new release is the Cover a Card Canvas (CC073). It is what I used to stamp the bottom of the card. It just adds such nice texture to a card. Sometimes I stamp it in a really pale color and then stamp over it with darker images and sometimes I use it "as is" like I did in this card.
For the focal image, I used the Sunflower Fence (G1798) colored with Copic markers and added a saying from the All Occasion I Clear Set (CL306).
Don't forget to check out the other Day 4 sneak peeks. You can find the list of participants here, and you can even learn how you can win a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate!
Hi Laura, beautiful card and it looks like real that canvas background! Greetz, Miranda
ReplyDeleteI love sunflowers and your coloring is amazing.
ReplyDeleteI can see why you like the canvas stamp. Love your coloring on this too.
ReplyDeleteI, too, like that canvas background stamp and think I would use it a lot. Lovely card with that Sunflower Fence--Great! Anne, yourmainestamper
ReplyDeleteI was wondering what the canvas stamp looked like in the flesh so to speak and now I can see I love its texture!
ReplyDeletePenny H
gotta have that canvas image, perfect for so many things.
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful image with the sunflower and the fence. I love the "canvas" at the bottom of the card. It looks like it's embossed instead of stamped. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful -- great colouring! The canvas background fits that image perfectly. I actually had to look twice at the image to determine if you had actually cut out the lattice fence as it looks so dimensional.
ReplyDeleteAm ordering the canvas...it's my fav too! Love your card.
ReplyDeleteLove that gorgeous sunflower and go so well with the canvas BG stamp. Super coloring
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
Texture by inked image makes overseas cards a sensible mailer. Thanks for unveiling a most needed aide when we support our troops and friends across the seas. The mailman thanks you about a month later when the beautiful card arrives and the carrying begins.
ReplyDeleteKeep Looking UP!
mt23stamperatyahoo
I love your card!
ReplyDeleteiamvictorias at gmail dot com
Great card! Love the beautiful coloring!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card - love the image!
ReplyDeleteButterflies & purple are two of my favorite things. It is fascinating how much the canvas background really looks like canvas, Your coloring is simply great & the yellow ribbon sets everything off perfectly.
ReplyDeleteLaura, this is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your inspiration with us!
I agree with the "why didn't I think of that"! I do that A LOT!!
lol
Blessings,
Mary
Beautiful, sunny, happy greeting card - I like it!
ReplyDeleteI love sunflowers - so this image is one of my favorites!
ReplyDeletebeautiful job!
Sandra ltb
Great card!
ReplyDeletelove sun flowers makes me feel spring is just around the corner.
ReplyDeleteThe composition on this card is perfect!
ReplyDeleteLove this stamp! Lots of depth and texture. Excellent coloring and beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteNothing better than a wonderfully colored image that looks so real I can almost smell that sunflower. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I still like your card. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletei think that canvas cover-a-card stamp will have to be the first one of the new stuff i just HAVE to get!
ReplyDeletelove your card!
sandyh
sandyha@comcast dot net
Gorgeous card, Laura. I am a fan of floral images and background stamps. Flowers make me smile. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLove this sunflower stamp! I like that you paired it with the canvas background and a yellow ribbon. Very nice! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteKatie
Very gorgeous card... I too am really loving the cover a card canvas stamp!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing!!!
~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com
Ok seriously - I thought that was fabric! Damn girl - you're good
ReplyDeletePretty card.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card and wonderful coloring.
ReplyDelete