Pages

▼

Monday, January 24, 2011

Hey, What's Cookin'?

Welcome to the Impression Obsession sneak peek week! For my first card, I just had to use the new chicken stamp (E7594 Chicken 1). It feeds into my love of animal stamps that are wearing cute outfits.

To make the card, I stamped the chicken onto white cardstock using black Memento ink. I colored the image with Copic markers, cut it out, and layered it onto a strip of white paper that I decorated with the Fiskars "Threading Water" border punch. To embellish the rest of the card, I added a strip of paper that I stamped using the Cover a Card Gingham background (CC006) as well as a cute coordinating saying (What's Cookin AA5437).

There are so many great ideas that will be posted during the IO blog hop this week. If you would like more information on the blog hop as well a information on how to win a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate, you can find all you need to know here.

If you are a shopper at Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston, VA, I can personally vouch for the fact that there is a huge display of the new IO images right as you walk in the door. That's right, the new CHA stamps are at the store...even before CHA starts!

39 comments:

  1. Love your card and your post is really making me miss Angela's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This is so cute. Whoever gets this card will get a nice lift to their day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the funky chicken and the card you made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cute chicken and the you made is beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's a real country card! I love the image and it goes great with the gingham! Thanks for sharing. Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Gosh@!!!!!! Does that make me smile or not!! How darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the chicken! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card -- very amusing and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a adorable card, great stamp! greetz, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute chicken! would be great for summer bbq cards! lol!
    sandyh

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!!

    iamvictorias at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love the new Chick..too cute, can dress this image up for sure. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun card, reminds me of the birdie song!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute chick - great card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute chicken! Great card Laura! Thank you for sharing.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute 'chick' on this card; the colors on the card front look good!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute chicken card. Love the coloring. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

    Joan
    MN

    ReplyDelete
  18. CUTE! It's simple and fun and farm fresh. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha! Your cute card brought a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Laura,

    what a cute hen!! Love the gingham paired with her, very homestyle!


    Penny H

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwwww that's cute. Love the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Funny and cute. This stamp has a place with my recipes. Love the check pattern on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That chicken is a riot. I love the gingham pattern & the color you chose..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute card! Perfect for my friends who are raising chickens! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness! he is adorable!!
    What a fun card!
    Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have to send a friend choosing fowl kitchen decor to your IO blog sharing hop delight! What fun! Great coloring! IO sentiment carrying card. Keep Looking UP!
    mt23stamperatyahoo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable! What a fun stamp to work with! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your card... that chicken is just too adorable!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com
    zloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love to make 'cute' cards - thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!