Pages

▼

Friday, January 28, 2011

Final Sneak Peek

I hope you have enjoyed my week of Impression Obsession CHA sneak peeks. I know I have enjoyed the blog hop!

For my final sample, I am posting a card that I think works well for New Year's or graduations. It features a new clear set of numbers called Calendar Numbers (HS324) as well as the Cover a Card Reverse Damask (CC082). To make the background, I stamped the Reverse Damask onto acetate using silver Staz On ink. I let it completely dry than ran the piece through my Xyron to give it a sticky back. I then covered the back side of the acetate with glitter. The nice thing about having glitter behind the acetate is that it is contained and won't come off on your hands. Here is a close up of the glitter:


I glued the acetate to some silver cardstock to add some shimmer and finished everything by including a silver-edged ribbon.

Be sure to check out the other participants in the blog hop. You can find a list of the designers here as well as find out how you could win a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate!

26 comments:

  1. Great technique with the acetate and the glitter. I hate glitter for the mess it makes, but on the underside it would not come off when someone opens the card. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning.... I love the glitter you added!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com
    zloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant - love the technique. I'm going to have to add that technique to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok you've made glitter acceptable with this technique. Thanks for sharing your smarts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant & beautiful!!

    iamvictorias at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very chique and elegant card! Thanks for playing along! greetz, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Laura! Acetate and glitter are my favourites and you have made such an elegant card here.


    Penny H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your silver card is very pretty. The reverse damask is as nice as the damask cover a card. I also like the calendar numbers. Your method of using glitter is rather fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This a really pretty and formal card! I bet it looks even prettier in person with the glitter! Neat way to use the reverse damask. Thank you for sharing.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unique idea to put glitter behind the acetate so it does not flake off onto your hand (I hate that!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card love how you did the glitter and acetate. The reverse damask is just as nice as the damask cover-a-card.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! Love the way you used the glitter and the acetate! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh,no! Why did you have to give us a GREAT idea for using glitter and not wearing it?? Not only do I "need" some of the stamps (like that gorgeous damask), but now I need to put acetate and xyron machine on the list, too. Good thing this hop is coming to an end because I can't afford much more. Thanks for a wonderful week, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Laura. Those Damask images are on the top of my background list. Simply stunning! Is that the new Staz-On metallic ink that you used? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful background! I like your technique for applying glitter behind the acetate! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, this is gorgeous! I think it would make a great wedding or anniversary card too. What a cool technique you used. I will have to try that. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is Beautiful!!
    Thank you so much for the inspiration and for sharing!

    Blessings,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. great technique, always forget about acetate or i don't know what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea with the glitter! Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!