Pages

▼

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chocolate Bunny

I sure do love chocolate bunnies! They really say "Spring" to me. When I saw the new Hoppy
Wishes stamp (E8585), I knew that I had to make it a chocolate bunny on top of the cupcake. Yum!

To make the card, I stamped the bunny/cupcake onto white paper using black Memento ink. I colored the image with Copic markers and then cut out the pieces with my Nestability dies. To make the plaid background, I stamped the Thick and Thin Cover a Card Background (CC008) in two directions to make a plaid. Finally, I added a saying from the All Occasion II clear set (CL307).

Be sure to hop on by the other Day 2 Impression Obsession blog hop samples. You can find the list of participants here as well as information on how you can win a $25 IO gift certificate!

38 comments:

  1. Very Springy, and we need some of that right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! You used some fine spring colours! I am in the mood for spring.........just have to be a little patience, greetz Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, Spring ... as I sit here watching it snow ..... thanks for the inspiration!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, chocolate! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I just wanna bite his ears off! LOL...I love the colors you used for this great card. Thanks for explaining how you did the plaid, that is so cool! Thanks for sharing this great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, the choccy bunny is just so adorable! This one has to be on my wish list too.


    Penny H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute bunny sweet spring card
    marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the explaination on the plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A vision of Spring and Easter all rolled into one 'sweet' card! So pretty too, Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! Very cute image and card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely Laura, and your plaid is just so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your color choices on the card. Chocolate bunnies sure are delicious especially with a buttercream filling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, YUM!! Your colors are marvelous, as they sing spring to me. The idea of a chocolate bunny on top of a cupcake is divine. But I am most impressed with how you created the plaid - EXCELLENT! Thanks so much for making my mouth water AND sharing some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet!!

    iamvictorias at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is definitely sweet. My granddaughters would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet rabbit. too bad all my kids are grown..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet indeed! This little guy is on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card -- would make a great Easter card. Like your idea of using the thick/thin image as a plaid background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very happy card! The warm bright colors really remind me of spring! I love the cupcake stamp with the bunny on top. And I love how you incorporated the background stamp. Thank you for sharing.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet card! I love it! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! Want it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. mmmmm! chocolate bunny! and love the spring colors!
    sandyh
    reredisandyha@comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  23. oops. wrote in the word verification in my email addy...wrong!
    sandyha@comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh that is adorable!!
    Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great idea using the background stamp in two directions. Love your card:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Too cute! You can never have too many cupcakes or chocolate. Love your card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute bunny card.

    Joan
    MN

    ReplyDelete
  28. Strawberry and chocolate, nice coloration and food associated colors at that, Laura! IO gave you lots of space for imagination. Well done! Keep Looking UP! mt23stamperatyahoo

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a sweet card! Love the pink and green and that chocolate bunny! And thanks for sharing directions for creating plaid paper! I have that stamp, and I'm ready to ink it up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a cute card... and that chocolate bunny is adorable!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com
    zloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Makes me feel like Easter and Spring are just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So good I want to bite off his ears!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can't tell you how much it means to me!